A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Those 2advanced graphics

I was wondering where 2advanced and other websites find those graphics which resembles the logoes used on street signs. If you check out the http://www.highersourcemusic.com intro yoiu will see him use many of those "stick" like figures and i belive they are "break dancing" I was wondering in general where i may be able to find those type graphics.............or were they hand made?

These graphics look kinda like those male / female representations yoiu see on the restroom doors.....

2advanced is a fairly known, famous, bitg, cool design company...they have big budgets and good designers....that's all you need : money and creativity...so i don't think they buy or download the graphs from somewhere...they probably do them themselves.....

But if you really really want to know their truth....write them....they could answer you...who knows!?

They design them themselves. If you're interested in web design, learn to draw what you're thinking of.

well acually they dont draw everything
    if i understand u then ur looking for dingbat fonts,u'll find most of what 2advanced used on http://www.1001fonts.com
    just search for dj supreme in the dingbat section
    sorry argonauta..u shouldnt have let the guy down,this could make him quite design....shesh,i cant imajine drawing the whole thing,man

thanks

thanks creedance

"way too many questions"

i found some stuff on...

http://www.tonystone.com

Theskyscraper they are using now is from that website. It's a very nice website to get some pictures from (you are not supposed to use them in commercialsites,then you can buy the high-res version of the pic..)

try and look for some nice usefull stuff there!

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Re: i found some stuff on...

Originally posted by JorisRotteveel
    http://www.tonystone.com

Theskyscraper they are using now is from that website. It's a very nice website to get some pictures from (you are not supposed to use them in commercialsites,then you can buy the high-res version of the pic..)
    Stone images are definitely among our favorites, however, you should also be careful on the $$$. Because they are all "Rights Managed" photos, the pricing starts around $350 per year, per photo and goes up from there. Therefore, 3 images would be around $1000 per year. Tony Stone is just one of the companies in the GettyOne empire of stock photo companies (FPG, Photodisc, Image Bank, Artville, Eyewire, etc.). You should probably start your search from http://********tyone.com which will include all of the collections.

"way too many questions"
    that is insane!

I think that is way too much money for a picture....way too much. ( so you also steal images hehe)

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

that is insane!

I think that is way too much money for a picture....way too much. ( so you also steal images hehe)
    It's all relative to your business requirements. For example the picture of the girl in our "profile" section. She's a "Rights Managed" Stone image which guarantees additonal protection above and beyond a "Royalty Free" license. If you think $350 a year is expensive, you should check out the pricing to purchase an image with various levels of rights protection, such as "use protection" or even "total protection"... Damn... Better yet, the price to outright puchase ownership of a particular photo. Damn ^ 2...

Well I guess if you the money to burn...why not?

Double D's

A message to Tony Novak

This is to Mr. Novak
    If it hasnt been said before thanks you for cruising around these boards and giving us some insites from a design studio, that is well respected throughout. I hope yoiu continue to leave posts as often as yoiu can, and maybe you can get old EJ to leave a few, some not so formal messages, the ones of his that i've read they seem really formal, as opposed to yours which are more laid back...i dont know just a thought...

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Stock Photography is a big business.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Re: A message to Tony Novak

Originally posted by oakleyzrosae
    This is to Mr. Novak
    If it hasnt been said before thanks you for cruising around these boards and giving us some insites from a design studio, that is well respected throughout. I hope yoiu continue to leave posts as often as yoiu can, and maybe you can get old EJ to leave a few, some not so formal messages, the ones of his that i've read they seem really formal, as opposed to yours which are more laid back...i dont know just a thought...
    It's my pleasure. Unfortunately, with all that's going on daily at the studio, "freetime" is a little difficult to come by. But I've resolved myself to try to participate in the community a little more. (It's cool...I've decided to give up sleeping altogether, so I have like four extra hours in my day now). I'll be sure to pass along the comments to EJ too...perhaps if we can ever tear him away from the computer long enough...???

Site with the same style of images

http://www.digitalvisiononline.co.uk/

go to the site above and click on images then click the infinity area. There you will find a whole lot of the same style. Happy Designing

http://www.intuitivmedia.de has a good selection of high resolution royalty free images for private and commercial use.

you know, you could spend the money on a digital camera and then you'll get exclusive pictures of whatever you want, whenever you want. you could even start selling them make your self some money.

- jarrad

Yes, profrssional photographers expect that if you are going to make money using thier work, well then they should make money too. And rightly so, it's an artform just like anything else.

President and CEO of nothing.

Question for Novak et all

Hate to jump on the "Questions for 2Adv Wagon" but =)... Since this topic has meandered on over to photography.. my question I guess is... Isn't it cheaper to just go take the picture (either yourself - or hire a staffer) ???

I realize that some people are just very gifted in photography but as 350 being a low price at what point would you decide to do it yourself?

.aaroncrunchie

I own a 2.1 megapixel Olympus camera called C700UZ and with a polarized filter and a wide angle lens, i generally take all my pics myself. maybe i should start a stock photo web site lol.

Originally posted by tpnovak
    that is insane!

It's all relative to your business requirements. For example the picture of the girl in our "profile" section. She's a "Rights Managed" Stone image which guarantees additonal protection above and beyond a "Royalty Free" license. If you think $350 a year is expensive, you should check out the pricing to purchase an image with various levels of rights protection, such as "use protection" or even "total protection"... Damn... Better yet, the price to outright puchase ownership of a particular photo. Damn ^ 2...
    Oh I thought the girl works at 2advanced! feeling a tad bit silly

BTW, I sent an email to Eric and Stephenie to say thanks for sending me the book (Flash MX Magic) but not sure if they received it or not...
    The book is really good, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Re: Question for Novak et all

Originally posted by crunchDesign
    Hate to jump on the "Questions for 2Adv Wagon" but =)... Since this topic has meandered on over to photography.. my question I guess is... Isn't it cheaper to just go take the picture (either yourself - or hire a staffer) ???

I realize that some people are just very gifted in photography but as 350 being a low price at what point would you decide to do it yourself?

.aaroncrunchie
    Sorry for the delay. But this is a very good question. I would really recommend giving it a try sometime (taking your own pictures that is). When you are searching for a very specific image, it just isn't that easy to produce on your own...

On a couple occasions, we have sent people out to grab some shots. After spending about $2-3k in lost production costs, you quickly realize the business case for buying stock photos. It's also a real disappointment if later the client wants a ultra high-res image for print purposes and you cannot provide it.

When the image requirements are more specific, such a client's Product Line for example. Then you have no choice but to get the professionals involved. Depending on the size of the crew, the studio and other factors, it's not uncommon for a one day photo session to exceed $10K.