dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help with get url file path

Hello,

I have two web pages with a swf file on each that I need to link together with "get url." The problem is that I don't want to supply a full file path in "get url."

The structure of the organization I work for requires that their web pages be placed on two different internal intranet servers for various development stages before it's put on the web server for all to see. If I supply the full file path in "get url" I would be required to change this file path four times (my workstation, intranet server 1, intranet server 2, web server).

Here is the folder structure I have currently.
    enhanced(this is the flash version of the site)/sectiona(sectionb is also here)/contenta.html(contentb.html would be in the sectionb folder).

Any suggestions to bypass this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Survey Says

Hi,

unless you use the full doc path, the file has to be relative to the movie.

to overcome your problem why not use getURL with a script (PHP, ASP, CF) that is relative to the movie, and redirects to the correct path. You would only then need to change the script if and when the file moves.

???

Dan.

Hi,

The script idea sounds reasonable. Unfortunately I don't know PHP, ASP, or CF. I am more of a designer than a programmer.
    The script sounds fairly simple so perhaps someone that works with CF or ASP around here can teach me how to do it.

Thanks Dan,
    Survey Says

Hi,

I dont use CF or ASP, but here's how it's done in PHP:

Code:
    header("Location: http://www.example.com/");
    simply stick that line of code (changing the url to yours) between php tags (i can't get them to display in this post) and you're away. If a server script isn't an option you could always use a local html file with a javascript location.replace command like this:

Code:
    location.replace('your url');
    which could sit in a blank doc within the onLoad event of the body.

Again, hope this helps.

Dan