A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: converting midi to wav

how can i convert a midi file into a wav file so i can use it on an event in flash?
    Also, i wonder if anybody know of any good wav sites? Thanx!

That depends on your soundcard. Presumably you haven't got any special software to do the trick so...

If you have a soundcard that allows you to record 'what you hear' (as in the sound blaster live) then you can simply leave recording software running in the background as you play your midi file. Even windows little sound recorder will do the trick.

If not, you'll have to record out and in again to a MD recorder/CD writer or, in the unlikely event that your soundcard will permit it, loop a cable straight out of your line out into your line in and make sure that you are recording only the line in.

Having said all that, I don't know flash that well yet... For all I know, there is probable something within flash that will do it... though I doubt that.

Does that help?
    wiggy

You could go to download.com and download a simple sound package. I use SoundApp PPC on the Mac. Theres bound to be a similar app for the PC.

Cheers!

I have been ask this question before in the sounds and music forum.

Go in there and look for a post about converting midi to wav.

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000085.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Smile

thanx guys!