A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load Movie at a precise location

Hi!
    I wish to know how I can load other movies at a precise location in my main movie. Something like I wish to break down my main movie into smaller parts but I am not able to load them at a precise locatio.

the best way i've found to do this is to have empty MC's on your main stage, and give each instance a name. then you can in your main timeline tell it to load in a new swf whenever you want. so if your empty MC "header", and in frame 5 of main timeline you say loadMovie("top.swf", header); it will replace your empty MC with your swf called "top.swf". The upper left corner of your top.swf will be where the empty MC is. you can control the timeline of top.swf by simply saying "header.stop();" or "header.play()" etc and it will make top.swf stop and play, respectively. in effect, your MC "header" has become for all intents and purposes "top.swf" and anything you tell header to do will actually be done to top.swf. Hope that starts you out.

Thanks for your reply. What I want here is how do I control the location of the loaded movie on the screen like say on the right hand side of the screen. I'm able to do that but I am unable to control the location for proper display.

not exactly sure what you mean, but you can control locations of MCs dynamically using a/s.

header._x=50;
    header._y=50;

etc.