dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doom 3- fast connection only

check out this vid, its worth the download!
    its about 70mb

http://ns0.hexus.net/csfiles/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip

Oh-My-GOD!, this game is gonna rock this world, just like ID pulled of at the first doom!

the details are just unimaginable!

I also watched a 40 mb ingame movie...and there are only few words to describe it: un-f*cking-believable!

the way the shadows are cast against the background, the movements of the creatures, the atmosphere...inCREDible!

unfortunately, the ingame movie isn't longer online, but I still have it, if some1 has the room on his/her site, mail me, and I'll upload it...and I can guarantee u, it's the dopest thing u've ever seen (though it's a hand-held-camera recording, with kinda low quality, the things u'll see rawks more than the 70 mb movie u see here)

I just wannah tell u 1 more thing:
    the way u die is the most brilliant and scariest way to die in a videogame u have ever seen...moewuhahahah!

damn right this game is going to be HOT. where can i download the ingame preview?

also, you know what quake4 is gonna be like

Aah, sorry m8, but it's taken offline, I got it from a friend who downloaded it, but the site is no longer there

Meh, I'd rather take Tom Clancy: Raven Shield over Doom III anyday.

Originally posted by NerdInside
    Meh, I'd rather take Tom Clancy: Raven Shield over Doom III anyday.
    never heard of it, can u post a link?
    (I bet it doens't stand a chance against DoomIII )

http://www.theplatoon.com/ravenshield
    Thats all the info.

And the video to see of Raven Shield is http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?...e3_trailer.zip

But they are 2 different kinds of games.

lets play a game: count the polygons

now I know a game isn't all about details, but doesn't this break your mouth open?

(to theplatoon looks like an online game, so polys could become a problem there, hey who knows, mebbe it's even an counterstrike killer! (highly unlikely)

Originally posted by Hippyscum
    lets play a game: count the polygons
    now I know a game isn't all about details, but doesn't this break your mouth open?

(to theplatoon looks like an online game, so polys could become a problem there, hey who knows, mebbe it's even an counterstrike killer! (highly unlikely)

Yes, it does make my jaw drop (also, thats an early screen)

No, it doesn't. Why are games always about blood and gore?

And the game is not called The Platoon, thats just the site. You made it sound like the game was called The Platoon, lol.

hmm, becouse thats what a lot of people are waiting for, the more twisting, the better. believe it or not

why do u go to a horror movie?
    for the story?...not really.
    of cource for the suspence it gives u, everytime u freak out it gives u an enourmous adrenaline rush, and it feels great! this game will do the same thing, only u control the main character of this "movie", making it the rush of your life!

hmm, becouse thats what a lot of people are waiting for, the more twisting, the better. believe it or not

why do u go to a horror movie?
    for the story?...not really.
    of cource for the suspence it gives u, everytime u freak out it gives u an enourmous adrenaline rush, and it feels great! this game will do the same thing, only u control the main character of this "movie", making it the rush of your life!
    Suspence has nothing to do with blood and gore! You can have a movie/game that gives you a enourmous adrenaline rush without seeing someones guts splattered on a wall.

true, but it helps alot

No it doesn't!

I play Ghost Recon (another Tom Clancy game that came out Oct. 2001) online almost every single day. Once your hole team is killed and you are left alone, your butt is so tight you could sharpen a pencil in it. You have to run around a map, hear gun shots off in the distance having no clue if they are ment for you or to scare you, seeing every tree move, every bush move, then BANG! That wasn't a bush on the cliff side but a sniper. Yes, it does have blood but not that much.

doom 3 looks amazing, i only hope that they have a single playert experience to go with it. Imagine an 'alien'-like plot, where you're the last survivors on a space ship, something's happened the others but you've been down in the hold. You come up after the ship gets knocked around, you've no idea what's going on, sort of half life ish but with far more detail and suspense.

I get so bored with games that just throw everything at you in the beginning. With the atmospherics in that video you could recreate all the suspense from 'alien', the idea of something around you but not seeing it until maybe half way thru the game. To add to the mix you could throw in a party of marines coming to the ship to wipe all evidence of the 'accident'

i really think a solid game like that, one that is soaked in atmosphere and suspense with a healthy mix of terror, would rock, i'm fed up with games where it's just go from map to map killing stuff.

i'm with nerd, suspense is much better than gore.

Doom III is just going to be graphically good game. No gameplay elements that I haven't seen before in another game. No real story line. Unlike Raven Shield. Graphics do not make a game, story and gameplay do.

hehe, than who are all those freaking idiots who buy all those bloody gory games? are they inSANE?!

this is just where taste differs, some just can't stand blood, others do, I like both. (counterstrike is comparable with Ghost Recon, no gallons of blood or flying bodyparts, but also great suspense)

(btw I just downloaded the trailer of Raven Shield , looks promising )

ugh, no more discussing 2nite, going to bed, long day tomrrow, I'll see what u've come up with when I come home.

peace

Originally posted by NerdInside
    Doom III is just going to be graphically good game. No gameplay elements that I haven't seen before in another game. No real story line. Unlike Raven Shield. Graphics do not make a game, story and gameplay do.
    i agree, it's sad though, with a game engine like that, all thse shadows and detail, imagine what a great storyline you could build into it.....

sigh.

hehe, than who are all those freaking idiots who buy all those bloody gory games? are they INSANE?!
    Yes, yes they are. They should be put in a rubber room, chained to the toliet, then given a alien as a room mate. Lets see you like gore then.

Originally posted by aversion
    i agree, it's sad though, with a game engine like that, all thse shadows and detail, imagine what a great storyline you could build into it.....
    It really is. They could do so much more with it, and it is impressive graphics (don't get me wrong).

Thinking about this, it really is a shame what the gaming world has come to. Instead of trying to top past games story line, they try to top pst games graphics. It shouldn't be like that.

agreed, i'm all for realism and story in games.

it's no good having all that eye candy if you're just going to run around in a vaguely predetermined direction shooting everything that moves... boring as all hell. I'd rather play a game that's like a good horror/thriller movie, like 'alien'