A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: World Cup Planner

Stick In The Mud
    Evening,
    I've just added a flash world cup planner thingy to my company's world cup site ( http://www.worldcupgames.com - then click on the world cup planner button ), so any comments/bug reports would be most welcome (especially from Mac users since i don't have access to one)..

Here's a few features i'm proud of ..
    It's all driven by text files (matches, venues, teams, etc.) and automatically sorts out the group tables as the results are updated..
    It should adjust the kick off time to the user's browser (i'm keen to know if this works properly )..
    It's only about 70k (which i don't think is too bad considering the amount of cowboy actionscripting in there ).

Here's a few features that i didn't have time to finish...
    Predictor function for the knockout stage (i got as far as doing the dynamic drop-down menus for the group winners & runners up)...
    Automatically picking up the group winners & runners up and putting them in the knockout stage..
    Affiliate link sniffing (so it could be offered to our affiliates which would pass the correct ID to the homepage link).

Cheers for your time,
    Andy

P.S. Please Note that this is a soft gaming site licensed in the UK, so anyone under the age of 18 or from the USA should not attempt to register or play any games within the site.

Mods - if there's any problems with me putting this link in site check, please let me know ASAP, and i'll delete the thread.

Great job, allthough the first page of the site (the very first one) is a bit overloaded...

Stick In The Mud
    Cheers...
    I didn't ask for comments about the homepage flash (or the flash side panels in the games) as i wasn't responsible for them ..(i was too busy doing gfx/html for the rest of the site).

If i'd have had time i'm sure i would have made the homepage about 20k... honest