A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real men don't drink

Men might feel like studs after a few drinks but nothing could be further from the truth, regrets
    IT'S PARTY night and the lads are on the razz. They've all knocked back a drink or ten, and now they're slavering over anything in a skirt. What mysterious process is going on in their brains that makes them equate a capacity to consume alcohol with being a man? The same, perhaps, that makes them believe that beery breath and slurred speech guarantees their success with the woman they fancy.
    Just a few drinks can make most men see Cindy Crawford in any woman. Some, however, find that an evening propping up the bar leaves them more interested in drinking songs than sex. Even one alcoholic binge could be enough to dampen a man's passion, while very heavy drinkers often experience a total loss of libido. The main reason is that alcohol lowers levels of the "male" sex hormone testosterone in the blood, and one of testosterone's many jobs in a man is to maintain and regulate the sex drive.
    But alcohol may do more than cause droop, whether occasional or permanent. It can also actually diminish the size of a man's genitalia. Heavy drinking can damage the testes, says Ernest Abel of Wayne State University, Detroit, who defines a heavy drinker as anyone who consumes more than five drinks (75 millilitres of alcohol) a session twice or more a week. One study of alcoholics found that half showed some signs of shrinking testes, according to Timothy Peters of King's College London.
    Wine and women
    In a study of women aged between 18 and 35 years old, Peter Eriksson of the National Public Health Institute in Helsinki found that even very low "doses" of alcohol-a couple of drinks or so-can very quickly increase concentrations of the sex hormone testosterone in the blood. This could be linked to increased libido in women.

The alcohol-induced rise in testosterone is particularly clear in women who are on the Pill and non-Pill users who are ovulating. "This could explain why women display an activated sexual urge even in situations of heavy acute drinking in which many men already have lost both the urge and performance," says Eriksson. The reason alcohol pushes up testosterone levels is unknown. However, just as with men, women who are chronic heavy drinkers can suffer loss of libido and performance.
    Read more
    hmmm... interesting

Dank_Nugs
    Thats why the man should stay sober, and give the beer to the girl. Its an age old trick used by many men to get the women horny and anxiuos to ****.

Me, I prefer to just be a nice guy to women and not get them drunk. I treat women with respect and much more. That seems to work better.

i dunno bout you guys but if i plan on getting drunk and getting some play i usually go drinking with a chick i have chosen when i was sober.

I'm not old enough to drink.

Won't drink when I am.

Just isn't neccessary.

Like one comedian said, "I gave up alchohol last year. I got tired of waking up next to someone you don't know. Desperately trying to remember their name....and trying to remember why they're dead."

Need I say more?

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Alright brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so just get me through this exam so I can go back to killing you slowly with beer.
    --Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Damaso
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Sources?

That sounds about as much like Benjamin F. as I Metallical sounds like Bing Crosby.

Stupid analogy, I know. . .too late.

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    bah! everything is bad if u abuse it... i don't think a couple of glass of bourbon gonna make that much difference in your libido or performance...

boozers are loozers

Dank_Nugs
    Originally posted by nordberg
    boozers are loozers
    nordberg loves iceberg

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    Sources?
    http://www.beer-lover.com/

Sources?
    "The most reliable place for information on the planet."

boozers are loozers
    That wasn't you stumbling down Market Street?

Originally posted by gerbick
    boozers are loozers
    That wasn't you stumbling down Market Street?
    nah, king - near the huddle house...

Sources?
    "The most reliable place for information on the planet."

True!
    But not for sober

Dank_Nugs
    being sober can be quite annoying sometimes.

nah, king - near the huddle house...
    don't laugh. I had to rescue a couple of friends from downtown on Friday night. they got too tipsy, and the bartender kept their keys. <note to self: send him a Christmas gift>

anyway, there was this guy was stumbling ALL in the middle of the street. it was terrible.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

anyway, there was this guy was stumbling ALL in the middle of the street. it was terrible.
    Was he shouting "I can't believe it's not butter!" ???

Señor member
    Originally posted by LanSite
    Was he shouting "I can't believe it's not butter!" ???
    That was me Lanny

Alcohol makes you better looking and invulnerable to criticsm. I see no problem with drinking, I don't drink that often any more but I like a beer or two when I go out.

Most of the people here are jumping on a beer is bad bandwagon without actually having tried it so have no basis to form an opinion on what it's like. Why not wait until you've tried something before commenting.

Dank_Nugs
    I can safely say I have tested much alcahol in my days

can't drink