dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: embedding fonts

Basically I want to embed a font in flash - I've done so but it doesnt look what it should do quality is crap

I've embedded the same font and used html code and html text field looks great

I can't have a html text field for the one I trying to do - created dynamically and controlled dynamically using textfield.create I've even right clicked in library and included font and linked it

I've set textfield._quality and embed to true

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

It sure sounds like you are doing everything right. If you set textField.html = true after creating it, then even without putting html tags in your field does the quality look good or bad? And what sort of bad is bad? Do you know if an embedded font HAS to be aliased by Flash - I have to use embedded fonts as I want to scroll my text, but I would rather not have them aliased.

Originally posted by Docker
    It sure sounds like you are doing everything right. If you set textField.html = true after creating it, then even without putting html tags in your field does the quality look good or bad? And what sort of bad is bad? Do you know if an embedded font HAS to be aliased by Flash - I have to use embedded fonts as I want to scroll my text, but I would rather not have them aliased.
    yeah I did set html=true even though its not really one- still look the same I think it needs antialiasing the outline is not smooth is a bit jaggered especially noticeable on 'w' - is there a command for anti-alias??

Originally posted by ceeacs
    Originally posted by Docker
    yeah I did set html=true even though its not really one- still look the same I think it needs antialiasing the outline is not smooth is a bit jaggered especially noticeable on 'w' - is there a command for anti-alias??
    its ok fixed it thanks - cheated a bit after declaring it html inserted set textfield.htmlText = <b></b>