A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animation with jpegs HELP!

thanks, i tried that but nothing happened. it plays through that frame like nothing is there.

First of all, 1.7MB per animation seems extreemly large. You might want to reduce the size of your jpegs with a little compression (i.e. set the jpeg quality in the publish settings). I would expecially recomend this if you are planning on puting your animations on the web.

But your preview problem might be caused by low physical hard drive memory. Do you have enough memory on hand when you try to preview? When you preview, flash actually publishes a swf file and if it cant write that swf to disk, then no go...

Anyway, just some thoughts. Not sure if this will help any.

thanks noah,

this is not a web project but rather an interactive presentation.

i have 192 mb ram, and the graphics are compressed at 3 on photoshop's 1-10 jpeg compression scale. maybe these should be gifs instead?...

try .gif. You won't notice any real differnce in the quality... and the file size will be vastly smaller. Try adjusting the number of colours in your pallete as you export from PS.

I've had similar problems with my mac, (9600 192 mb) using gifs that were an average of 24 to 74k!

Good luck!

i'm trying to build some page-turn animations using jpegs. my movie dimensions are 775x960, and each animation is 18 frames with full-size jpeg bitmaps from photoshop. i have 12 of these animations built as individual flash movies (each is approximately 1.7 MB).

i need to combine all 12 into an interactive book-like presentation. it's not linear, in that i need to be able to assign "go to" actions to various buttons to move around.

i have been able to assemble 4 of these movies (each one as a seperate scene) into another movie. yet when i try to preview the movie or add new scenes, flash keeps telling me it's low on memory and can't load the scene.

maybe i should use director for this? if so, how do i make the go to buttons in the flash files operate sucessfully in director? i have director 7.

thanks for any help here! my deadline is approaching like an onrushing train!!!

Aye, save your animations as seperate flash files and use the load movie into target script instead. See the replies I got in the actionscript forum for more.

------------------

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000840.swf" quality=high WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Hay, a question what is your video Ram ? and another thing try to quit all the app. which are in the systray next to the clock. YOu can even CTRL-ALT-DEL ;-) and see what you have in there shut everything down not the Explorer, and get rid of the anti-virus software. Hope this helps.
    Mad-Sci