A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: --- No more Footers?! ----

MOD wannabe
    Jeee!!

Been a while since i came here. In fact, everytime i get back, this place looks worst. Today's surprise: No more footer... But there is still a footer guideline...

Maybe i missed something here. But still, since Fennell left the place, it became a real circus...

And i did even touch the mod case...

Anyway. Guess i'm too old. It's like my grandfather who misses it's good old Plymouth...

Flash footers have been disable for now. Some security risk.

MOD wannabe

---

Ohh...

Is it temporary?

Originally posted by yanbuzz
    Jeee!!

Been a while since i came here. In fact, everytime i get back, this place looks worst. Today's surprise: No more footer... But there is still a footer guideline...

Maybe i missed something here. But still, since Fennell left the place, it became a real circus...

Anyway. Guess i'm too old. It's like my grandfather who misses it's good old Plymouth...

yeah you did miss something. The security thing involves people being able to potentially steal cookies thru swfs. So they were taken off until MM and the admins can sort out a fix.

as for how it's going, i think you'll find it's running a lot smoother than it has for at least a year. Things are getting fixed that were obviously neglected... there's a mountain of work to do but FK is heading in the right direction in the righ hands if you ask me.

MOD wannabe

---

No more bad mod?? Promise??

Living on fortified coffee. Mike-Edwards's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    Originally posted by yanbuzz
    Jeee!!

yeah you did miss something. The security thing involves people being able to potentially steal cookies thru swfs. So they were taken off until MM and the admins can sort out a fix.

as for how it's going, i think you'll find it's running a lot smoother than it has for at least a year. Things are getting fixed that were obviously neglected... there's a mountain of work to do but FK is heading in the right direction in the righ hands if you ask me.

I think the Flashkit techs also had their hands full purging the site of some sort of hostile or pesky script that was greatly slowing down the site, like to a crawl.
    They've worked pretty hard to get Flashkit back to normal speed!

Follow the link in my footer to view the hijacked footer-missing thread.

I like this better. The site runs faster .

actually, i don't want to see my footer