A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fscommand ("exec")

fscommand help required. I am using this command in FlashMX

The following command is not working
    fscommand("exec","1.exe");

Please help me, which wil be highly appreciable.

Actkid

Post Hi dilip

If you using flash 5 then fscommand command only works in flash projector files both in 5 and mx.

now if you using flash mx then put all the exe file in the fscommand direcotry which lying same in your swf directory.

thats all.

Post Re: Hi dilip

Dear dilip,

I have also tried the fscommand("exec") on Flash projectors as well as SWFz but I have come up with this that it does not work on Flash Mx.

On the other hand, the same command is applicable for Flash 5.

Asim Zeeshan

If you have any comments, suggestions or to share an FLA file with me just send it to asimzeeshan@yahoo.co.uk

Try the directory

With mx you need to have the fscommand with your exe in that directory, otherwise it won't work, i have used this in mx before, and it works

Actkid

Post Re: Try the directory

Yea subman is right..if you have any fla subman then put here so these guy can able to download it.

ciaoo

sorry , only have one that's about 50mb... it should be simple, there is documentation on macromedia's site...

quote from macromedia
    Code:
    Security features have been added to the Flash Player 6 standalone.
    Files that you wish to launch using fsCommand("exec"), must reside in a folder along with the projector, named "fscommand".
    [Edited by subman on 05-30-2002 at 10:21 AM]

To simplify it for those of you who are having problems..this should help:

Yes you can and it's easy to run any app from a flash projector. All you have to do is create a folder called fscommand, then make a bat file and have that call any program you like. Here is the code I used and it worked fine:
    fscommand("exec", "test.bat");

And my bat file is just:
    c:\winnt\explorer.exe

And that runs explorer.exe with out any problems through the projector.

Place the folder in the same place where the projector file is. So if your projector is in c:\blah\myprojector.exe you would place the bat file you want to run in c:\blah\fscommand\test.bat

Or you can always just copy the executable that you want to execute into the fscommand directory, both work.

That was all taken from my response in the follow thread:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=310356

Hope that helps,
    Dan

Actkid

Post good job..bulle

thats all guy.

LPFlashEx can let you run any program in any folders with parameters and starting directory, open any file with default program, print any file with default print program, save strings / array / XML into files.

LPFlashEx can also locate window directory and temp directory , make
    directory, copy file, display load / save / browse / color / fonts dialogs to let user choose and then report the result to your project.

It also let you change your flash window title on the fly as often as you like. It let you move and resize your flash window and can make into special effect like shaking the window. It also has the function to shut down windows.

It is free for self use (need keep renewal of licence for free) and only cost US$10 for licenced version (no expire and renewal problem) which you can then create and distriubte your projects with LPFlashEx without any additional cost.

You can also look for the Multimedia version which let you load vedio / audio and PDF file into your flash project and control them in Flash.

Peter Yau
    http://www.logicplus.com.hk/LPFlashEx