A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: re-doing a botchy HTML site in Flash 5/MX

I've been trying, haphazardly, to build a site for my photography, using javascript, the DOM, CSS, etc. Started in January. I'm running into problem after problem because of inconsistencies, browser incompatibilities, programmer (me) idiocy, etc.

Flash 5 is new to me, and I've already had more luck with it in a week and a half writing a little movie than I've had in months of trying to traverse the DOM for various browsers.

I want to build my site from Flash 5 now, restart, a single technology, and I'd like to know if the following is possible.

Can you simulate frames (i.e., HTML framesets and frames) with Flash? Also, I'll give a link (if it even opens on your computer...) and I'd like to know if I can get a 'nice and smooth' version of my HTML/CSS menu up in Flash.

I just want to know if it's possible to do basically what I'm doing right now with a single, unified Flash file.

Anything you have to offer is much appreciated

shawn

http://members.rogers.com/shawn.gibs...hy2/index.html

(click "Launch...")

almost everything is possible in Flash.

Try looking in the Lessons menu in Flash to gain some basic knowledge of animation tweens, symbols and clips.

It breaks it down pretty good. if you are done with that, try some of the tutorials here in FK.

Good luck with your quest...

J

Thanks zorrosrk,

I'm definitely on my way. One question I'd really like a 'yeah or neah' on, is if 'frames' are possible with Flash5/MX. I've been noodling myself, but don't really know what to ask in order to get a result...

shawn

i think your best bet would be some tutorials but i would also like to say you canno have html in flash.