A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Exporting RGB vector stills.

Hey folks. Tried doing a search, but couldn't find an answer.

We're using Flash to do broadcast-quality classical animation. We'd like to export vector images from Flash into Adobe After Effects for post-processing. We've tried publishing Quicktime movies, which After effects rasterizes. We've tried importing SWF files directly, and the same thing happens.

Since After Effects can use the Adobe Illustrator format, we'd like to export as either an .ai or .eps sequence. The problem is that Flash converts both formats to CMYK color space, which fouls up our colors. Does anyone know of a way to force Flash to export the AI or EPS files with RGB color, or any other way of preserving our colors from Flash to Illustrator format? Thanks.

I just found your post via search. Wondering if you ever unearthed the solution to this conundrum. I find it curious that I'd have the exact same problem this many years later ... in Flash 8, no less!

Discovered that exporting as "EPS 3.0 with preview" seems to work best, if anyone's curious .

Befuddles me that you can't export an rgb Illustrator file, or any kind of Illustrator file past version 6. My crystal ball says that'll change soon.