A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Raster to Vector

resolved

Is there any way to convert rasterized images to vector? I have a lot of images that I'd love to enlarge, but the quality just goes horrible on me--and Photoshop's built in sharpen filters don't help that much.

I remember back a month or two ago, there was a contest involving a model (Jessica Alba) and placing her on background pictures of one of two seattle skylines. I remember a few images made her face HUGE, but the picture isn't vector--it was raster, yet the huge picture of her was excellent quality. No fuz or blur

Anyone know how?

Thanks!

-Jared

In flash

1. Select the picture
    2. Go to Modify>>Trace Bitmap
    3. Play with the settings to get the effect you want.
    4. BE WARNED. Keep the settings at default until you know what does what. Changing settings can eat TONS of ram. I once spent 3 hours tracing a bitmap. BE CAREFUL!!!

Thank you

hi u can also use adobe streamline, save the image as a .tif then open it in streamline (note bigger the better) for file size then choose unlimited colours, it will export as an .eps full colour

good for b/w stuff too

while we are on the topic, i know in PS i can convert text to raster, can i do the same in fireworks?

thanks

richard

I would think so. If not, apply a blank filter (an effect/filter that has no visual effect on the text) and that should automatically convert it to raster.