A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I love Joe Bowden

Smile

not in that manner

Hey, why not stay a bit longer? Show me more of your zen ways of Livemotion 2. Please??

Gerbick,

If only you were a young lady...;-)
    But alas, I know you are not...

You seek LM2 enlightenment? Whatchoo wanna know?

Cheers,
    -Joe

LMAO

Naw, I just think that the Livemotion Forum here really needs more information, and less misdirection, about LiveMotion 2.

well, okay, I do have one question... I've gotten used to Flash's Library, how do I compensate for that since Livemotion doesn't have one?

Anyway, I've added Livemotion-Central to my footer. And I've finally gotten some free time to put into playing/learning Livemotion 2... as I should have originally

Take cares!

Smile

Whelp, I do try to fight the FUD whenever I see it!

Now about your question...LiveMotion doesn't have a library much like the one in Flash (as no doubt you already knew). But LiveMotion does have aliases, which perform a similar function, and it also auto-symbolizes on export (compares all objects in the comp and symbolizes identical ones, or otherwise identical objects which have been transformed).

LiveMotion's Library is global, and not tied to any particular project. Best to separate these different concepts in your mind...

livemotioncentral.com is a great site, lovingly run by Jon T. and Tono...thanks for giving it a boost!!

Later, mang...
    -Joe

So, you're telling me that I'm stuck using LoadMovie for each imported element that I want to import as a symbol - forgive my usage of Flash verbiage/terms - such as my Swift3D movies, and what not?

Or am I just thinking about this wrong?

LMAO! You lurk more than I thought, eh mang?

For SWFs, loadMovie or attachMovie...yup.

LM-supported files such as LIV, PSD, AI, JPEG, GIF, etc. can be stored in the Library.

-Joe

oh, ok. So that means a bit of changing in methods, but that's cool.

Do you know of any XML menu examples?

gerbick, just wanted to say thanks for the link in your sig. Not to mention, you have the best of the best LM users here helping you. Joe is always an endless resouce. Just when I think I have a question to stump him, he shoots back with a solid answer.

When you compare Flash's (Per Composition) Library, to LiveMotion's (Global Library) they both have good and bad point's, which we all know. I get around this by doing the following.

When I start a new project for a client, or myself, I empty all of my Folders, Sounds, Textures, Styles, Library Items. I keep a folder for each client, so when I do work on them, I just load those folders and remove the other folders. In other words, I have a folders for LMC like so. LMC-Lib, LMC-Snd, LMC-Txt, LMC-Sty. Now, I just put everyone in the standard LM folders, in a backup folder, and then load my LMC folders in.

The nice thing about these paletes is they will read the contents of sub-folders. Just like your Automation / Live Tabs will. However they will not display sub folders (FEATURE REQUEST)

Yes, you have to take the extra step, but in effect, you are creating Per Composition Libraries that can be used in a Global Fashion if needed.

This is one of the many reasons I like LiveMotion. Up front, in some ways, the application may seem limiting, but if you take a moment, and look at the big picture, you are able to do everything in LM and more then you can in Flash. Which is why I think the program is getting so many killer reviews.

What a wonderful time to be alive...

well put Jon. guess I'm just super lucky to have Joe Bowden to bother

and he even answered in a thread where I said I loved him... so, he's hard to scare off too!

I have more questions... and I'm even tempted to change the title of this thread to: "Livemotion 2: Myths Debunked" or something.

nice to see other people excited about LM2 as well... and no probs about the signature. Just hope that you're getting some traffic from it. So far, I've had a bunch of e-mail though!