A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, rip me apart.... digitech-designs beta

I Am
    Hello,

My name is Tyson and I'm 18 years old. I am beginning my own web design company named Digitech Designs. I have been working quite hard on my site the last few weeks, and feel that it is now time for feedback before I officially launch. Currently, there are two sections missing: Services and Downloads. Howerver, what IS there should be enough to give you a good idea of the overall theme of the site.

ANY feedback at all is welcome.

Thank you very much,

- Tyson

http://www.digitech-designs.net

Hi there T,

Some good work going on there!

I see you've got the ole' 2A splash screen effect ...

The initial preloader was fast - good start! once inside, the loading sequence is good also ... the home background is still loading on my pc - been about 3 mins or so - Music started after a couple of mins - would have that loading only once the rest is up!

Anyway, got bored of waiting for the home background and clicked profile - nice graphix - good pic of the guy in the bottom right - is that you?

Now inside portfolio - really like the content box - stands out well and looks good! - Again, can see you're going for the 2A effex on the background - the white shadow effect is good, but I think would look better if it comes in atabout half the size and only covers the top half of the wall - what d'you think?

loops get worn out fast! - really bored of the 2nd one, seen it on a hundred sites! - just opinion ...

The top of the screen looks cut off - think it would be good to show the full circle on the logo, perhaps some kind of background/border to the full site?

Anyway, done some good work there!
    Cheers and good luck with the business
    G
    ps could you take a look at my post
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=319785

forgot to mention,
    Couldnt get back to the home page once in the various sections (not that I got the home page in the 1st place)

cheers again``
    G
    luv the content box in the profile sect.

I Am

Thanks very much

Thanks very much for that detailled critique.

Yes, 2A is a bit of an inspiration for me, as I'm sure it is for many. However, I am in no way trying to copy 2A. It's just a certian style that I have decided to settle with after desiging and testing multiple others.

Yes, the picture in the bottom right of the profile is me. I am aware that it does take a little longer to load than preferred, and am currently working on speeding it up.

I'll play around with the background effects once I get the other two sections up.

Also, I'm still playing with the loops and the way in which they're loaded. Right now all 4 loops are in one 450K file, which obviously won't do.

Anyway, I'll repost once all the bugs have been worked out.

As for your site....I love it. Very clean, simple, and straight to the point. You have built up quite the portfolio and your presentation of such is very unique. I like how the portfolio section is always there even if you're looking at Mission, Experience or Contact.

Excellent work.

Thanks again,

- Tyson

Way original name... it must be the 3rd or so time I've heard it.

I Am
    Hey, thanks for that, you know...your post just made my day.

I know I said "rip me apart" but I thought most of you would be intelligent enough to do so in a constructive way...apparently I was wrong.

I also have heard it 3-4 times myself, but not 5 years ago when I first came up with the idea. I have been slowly building this business since I was 13 years old, and the website itself has gone through about 7 complete designs throughout that time.

I am finally old enough to put my plan into action, and that's what I'm doing.

If you're going to post something, for Christ's sake, post something useful.

- Tyson

Originally posted by Mizak Diza

I know I said "rip me apart" but I thought most of you would be intelligent enough to do so in a constructive way...apparently I was wrong.

I also have heard it 3-4 times myself, but not 5 years ago when I first came up with the idea. I have been slowly building this business since I was 13 years old, and the website itself has gone through about 7 complete designs throughout that time.

- Tyson
    I am posting something useful. Why can't you come up with an original name eh? "Oh I'm gonna call myself Digitech Designs and have a 2A ripoff site and people will think I'm cool." If you ever want to get anywhere BE ORIGINAL! Copying other peoples works and coming up with a lame ass name to boot gets you nowhere.

I Am
    Gloomycus,

My apologies for getting upset with you earlier. I agree that my current site is influenced by 2A, and that originality is the key in this business. However, I do not think that "Digitech Desings" is "lame ass". Like I said, I came up with it almost five years ago, and it just kind of stuck. I'm sure there are better names out there, but I have already registered the company under this name. I'll look into changing though, and see what steps are necessary.

I have starting working on my newest project, the latest version in the digitech-designs series of sites. Would you mind checking ( http://www.digitech-designs.net/3.0 ) it out for me and letting me know what you think so far. Really, it's just a start, but is it worth continuing, or should I start over?

I would like to thank you for your honesty.

- Tyson

Banned
    where are all the flash sensitivity police at when gloom post the way he feels..if that was me all the cry baby's would be in here ripping me a new ass..

anyways all the work involved is respected..originality you get a F.. you need to put all that work into your own design, concept, etc..and if you really expect us to beleive you came up with that name when you were 13 you immaturity is coming out..there were atleast two designs with that name here in the last couple months..

the second design is better than the first..loose the 2a logo and concept and you'll be fine..

nice flash work..by the way if you click on your contact window and try to drag it it sticks and locks up the page..

now for the sensitivity patrol, gloomycus said kiss his ass..

how's that...

1. hello i am markus and i am 33. I am beginning my own web design company named juggernart. i started webdesign when i was 4 ! blablabla...

2. i totally agree with gloomycus. this is a stupid 2a rip off (it's not only "infuenced", but you kid's don't get the difference!). your 3.0 version is the same... same animations, same effects...

3. name your company digitech STUDIOS, that's much better.

cheers and good luck.
    markus

I Am
    Such hostility in you older folk.

Banned
    no hostilities, just like watching all the yuppies get pissed when someone speaks out of context..or how they deem to be unfit..since they all know so much and are such great designers in their on right..the funny part is this, i'm just f-n with them trying to piss them all off, and it works..

reeling em in like fish..and they bite everytime..

clean, fast, very professional looking. i'd have to see the rest of the sections once you get them up to make a complete critique, as my posts usually reflect more on content then design. cause in this case the design is an absolute ripoff of 2a. i read the replies to this post before checking out the site and thought, "here we go, how close will this design portfolio resemble 2a," but when i got to the site, even i was amazed. the color scheme, animations, button effects, even the background images. i'd write more, but i need to finish the movie script im working on, "man-spider".

Banned
    see even this guy is funny..man spider he says..

see even this guy is funny..
    i'm gonna put that on my portfolio page, under 'press releases'.

the web was built with an inherent way to display information - title, heading, content, heading2, etc. just look at amazon vs barnes and nobles, both their sites look incredibly similar, but have subtle differences to differentiate themselves within the confinement of html. then flash comes along, giving designers limitless possibilities to display content ... yet this site stoops to mimicing another well-known site. like i said above, it's not any one element that resembles your site to 2a, but the fact that nearly every element is just a minor variation on 2a's look.

anyways, feel free to comment on the latest site i'm working on:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=321031

yes, i am hostile.
    i am hostile to all those wannabecool kids, if 11 or 13 or 18, starting a wannabesocoolflash company named "damnediamasocoolflasher studios", spreading the web with non-creative ripoffs and absolutely bad and dissatisfying works they charge $100 or $200 for (what a joke!!!)

Where do you think does the bad opinion about flash come from?

ciao
    markus

the usual
    first link -

nice design - it's a shame thats its all been seen before, and as you probably know - it will be considered to be a 2A rip.

second link -

nicer design - still 2Advanced! - really don't like the fullscreen pop-up (very tempted to hit ALT+F4 straight away - can't read i thing - had to zoom in to see that the test real "initialising data" can't read the percentage after waiting 4 mins for a fuzzy screen to load - i wish i had hit ALT+F4

how sad.......
    a) loading is way too much/ do sth about it or say goodbye to any views..
    b) ....still loading after 5 min.....
    oh i refreshed and it worked now...
    c) shame for all the effort and i hate to be the first one to say this but..this is sad.. hey i said that again didnt i?...
    I disagree with some and think that this is a good site but you just rippef off some specific noticeable things that make this into a joke: change that first page, for face sake, do it quickly..
    Do a logo that u can actually call your own and this will change the mood, too
    the top and bottom images in the site: CHANGE THEM!
    it can look better without the above and change the mood as i said
    just hurry up before a flashkit member gets you.......

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    Originally posted by Gloomycus
    Originally posted by Mizak Diza

- Tyson
    I am posting something useful. Why can't you come up with an original name eh? "Oh I'm gonna call myself Digitech Designs and have a 2A ripoff site and people will think I'm cool." If you ever want to get anywhere BE ORIGINAL! Copying other peoples works and coming up with a lame ass name to boot gets you nowhere.
    definite agreement. how many digitech designs are there? trillions! how many 2a ripoffs are there? millions!

sorry to burst your bubble, but you're one small fish in the vast ocean.

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    lol.. just read a few more posts.

hello, i am aevium viemme. i started an imaginary enterprise when i was 9, progressed with it and ended up with aquarel when i was 13. funny thing is, 2a has no influence on me.