A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] THE one and only World Cup Thread!

^ title says it all

anyone for the idea? ... for the sake of keeping the sanity of the boards!
    right now, i can count more than 10 worldcup threads... all saying basically the same thing.
    also just read nerd's post and he doesn't seem too enthusiastic about the multiple posting either

making sense?

Señor member
    It does make sense, I'm happy to post in one thread rather than 10. Lets not lose sight of the fact that this is the biggest sporting event in the world behind the olympics for global appeal and if you don't like a thread, do as I do. Ignore it and don't post in it for the sake of adding another post in a subject you know nothing about nor care for.

(fyi: it's Ireland 1 Cameroon 1 at the moment)

Wichser
    hey, france wasn't that strong as everybody said then jamblie huh? guess I am the football quija now

Señor member
    Originally posted by iCEBERG2000
    hey, france wasn't that strong as everybody said then jamblie huh? guess I am the football quija now

bleh

they're not out yet mang I think the real truth was that Senegal are actually better than many thought. Cameroon look quite good at the moment.

I'm sticking with France to win though, although at work, I've got Italy in my world cup sweepstake so it could be worse! Come on £120

Wichser
    what's your take on germany vs. saudi in a couple hours?

I'm putting a copy of my awesome new footer on a 2:0 for germany.

Señor member

I think you're probably about right on the Germany score. They seem to be coming good at the right time and Ballack is an awesome player!

Wichser
    Originally posted by jamble7000

I think you're probably about right on the Germany score. They seem to be coming good at the right time and Ballack is an awesome player!
    oh oh....with Ballack..he's decent and he is been valued higher than he is i think. The problem that I am seeing with the german team is the inconsitency, which Ballack is a big part of. During the season, he had his ups but way too many real downs where you'd only see him touch the ball twice in the whole game...sure it depends on the team but
    for
    A) Ballack, Bierhoff and Jancker are very much dependant on good co-players and people that lay em the ball in front of their feet
    B) are too inconsistent.

for my taste, so i am just going to watch, but I think it'll be a 2:0 for germany nonetheless. Defense is good, just that the offense needs a strong supportive middle field which I am not seeing in the german team and players like Ballack are not quite ready to make a game their game.

Señor member
    Germany are missing Sebasti Fantasti from the attack now which will impact but Lars Ricken is in the team isn't he? I think he's a good player

(Final score: Republic of Ireland 1 Cameroon 1 - Ireland actually played very well and possibly deserved to win in the end)

Both teams were could have won it. How unlucky both teams were. Cameroon owned the first half but Ireland blitzed the second. Must have been the Guiness at half time.

As for a one thread for World Cup, it sounds good or we could have a thread for each of the groups.

Wichser
    Germany are missing Sebasti Fantasti from the attack now which will impact but Lars Ricken is in the team isn't he? I think he's a good player

(Final score: Republic of Ireland 1 Cameroon 1 - Ireland actually played very well and possibly deserved to win in the end)
    yep ricken is in the family. rehmer is a good player but too slow, Klose has been well all through the season and well..our goalie just rocks. buh!

we'll see, highly anticipating the game.

Señor member

yep ricken is in the family. rehmer is a good player but too slow, Klose has been well all through the season and well..our goalie just rocks. buh!

we'll see, highly anticipating the game.
    he he ... Kahn has a mighty wolrd class mullet though

I just read something on teamtalk.com that said Roberto Carlos of Brazil was an excellent free kick taker! Is it just me or he in fact a crap free kick taker living off the glory of one great kick against france 5 years ago?!

...that Roberto Carlos of Brazil was an excellent free kick taker! Is it just me or he in fact a crap free kick taker living off the glory of one great kick against france 5 years ago?!
    that's exactly what i feel too!
    best freekick taker imho: d. beckham (he's porved his worth)

oh, and a good show by the irish and cameroonians... much better than yesterday's game!

didn't think that this would be the thread but... oh well, it's all good

Señor member
    Originally posted by Fadzter
    ...that Roberto Carlos of Brazil was an excellent free kick taker! Is it just me or he in fact a crap free kick taker living off the glory of one great kick against france 5 years ago?!
    that's exactly what i feel too!
    best freekick taker imho: d. beckham (he's porved his worth)

oh, and a good show by the irish and cameroonians... much better than yesterday's game!

didn't think that this would be the thread but... oh well, it's all good
    Storming goal from Uruaguay just now!!

good thread, hey yall, this is the first world cup we are following on flashkit! w00t!!

as for freekick taker, carlos is just magnifico!

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    German Vs Saudi Arabia

2:0 almost half time both goals by Klose

is there any doubt on who's gonna win this match? i think it might even go as far as 4:0

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    damn... 8:0 that was painful to watch... S. Arabia didn't even had the chance to deliver any offensive...

What a game that was to watch!
    A hat trick to Klose! Well done!
    I wish I had bet on that game.

Originally posted by ]v[orpheus
    What a game that was to watch!..
    it was more like watching the germans in a training session

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar

to the americans

i live in new york but i'm italian
    and i would like to know why americans dont give the due importance to the most important sport event in the world!

what's wrong with you dudes???

germany 8 saudiarabia 0
    muaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahaaaa !!!

thanks guys

I agree and will support this thread -all World Cup posts in one thread ,any new ones and will be closed with a link to this one .

Now who watched Ireland play today ?

I missed it It was way to early (around 7 am UK time)

Nice one for Germany and Denmark though

a