A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML corporate b2b

Just a test-bed design at the moment for a new client.

Trying to keep it as corporate and clean as possible. The chances are it'll all be changed later anyway, but I'd really appreciate any comments you have about it.

http://www.dimensia.co.uk/design2.gif

It's going to be a little more spaced out eventually so it feels less cramped, but apart from that, what do you like or dislike about it?

Cheers all,

Nick

that is a really good organized site. one question... is that going to exapand and have more height when they add content or is that hte exact size of the site... because if it is i might suggest making it a little taller

Sure, it'll have more height.

This is just a rough image that I took straight out of my design I'm drawing up. So I haven't put it into HTML at all yet. And yes, the more text there is, the taller it will become, and there will be more links and gubbins on it.

Thanks for the praise though

imagination through stupidity
    there was something odd.... maby the green arrows can just be rectangles..

i don't think it was the green arrows that were odd, at least not for me. the dashed outlines around the arrows and the grey rectangle looked kind of odd to me. i dont know why, maybe because the rest of the design looks crisp and clean, and then there's these messy dashes. kinda reminds me of coupons.

Thanks for that, guys. Appreciate it. I've removed some of the dotted lines around the grey area, that did look a little odd. But arroud the green arrows, I think they look better with them. I tried removing them and it just didn't look very good at all, a bit too flat.

I've expanded the design a bit and change a few bits round. What do you think now?

http://www.dimensia.co.uk/design3.gif

I'm not sure about the 3 new icons on the top right area. Ah yes, and you'll see 2 "Go" buttons, it will be orange. I've just left the green one there because that will be the rollover for the button.

Any further ideas, or comments?

looks all ok!

but what's the problem, lack of self confidence?
    or do you want us to design for you?

actually you don't need our comments, go on with it, show it your client and you will see if he likes or not.

ciao
    markus

nice, now do the site

I think that's a bit unfair.

I just posted it here to ask for other people's consensus. Just to see if other people agreed with me. Hey, the only way to progress is by getting other people's feedback, and with all due respect to my client, their comments are not always the most helpful.

But I would expect a design orientated Forum to be able to throw back some suitable suggestions and comments, bearing in mind that most of you are professional and amateur designers or webdesigners.

Why does anyone post their site or designs on this forum? Because they would like the feedback, but the exception here is that I'm asking for feedback midway through the design process.

I like it in my eyes, but in other people's eyes, they may have faults with it, and I've been editing it for so long, I begin to miss parts that other people seeing it for the first time will pick up on.

Thanks all for your comments - they're very valuable to me.

Originally posted by f i s c h
    I think that's a bit unfair.

I just posted it here to ask for other people's consensus. Just to see if other people agreed with me. Hey, the only way to progress is by getting other people's feedback, and with all due respect to my client, their comments are not always the most helpful.

But I would expect a design orientated Forum to be able to throw back some suitable suggestions and comments, bearing in mind that most of you are professional and amateur designers or webdesigners.

Why does anyone post their site or designs on this forum? Because they would like the feedback, but the exception here is that I'm asking for feedback midway through the design process.

I like it in my eyes, but in other people's eyes, they may have faults with it, and I've been editing it for so long, I begin to miss parts that other people seeing it for the first time will pick up on.

Thanks all for your comments - they're very valuable to me.
    first of all, saying "you don't need our comments" was a compliment to you, your design is good.
    second, saying "or do you want us to design for you?" i meant it is not neccessary to post for every new button you make.
    third, its like i said... show it your client and they will tell. and like clients are, they will hate it, because clients are never satisfied
    fourth, if you felt offended, i am sorry, that was not my intention.

ciao
    markus

sadly we are not happy. nice look. would like to see actual html page. but very nice otherwise. go for the red icons - they are the clearest.

Matthew Brown

yes... with more text it will look a lot better, righ tnow it still looks really good

i like it and hate it at the same time!

Ok, point is taken, both aplogies and thanks are due to everyone

WAIT! Don't go with it quite yet. The green arrows definitely need a cleaner dashed line. The bottom one gaps right at the point & looks kinda sloppy. Might I suggest breaking the paths into sections, with two originating from the tip of the arrow. Then you'll get uniform dashes on top & bottom. And yes, go with the orange "GO!" instead of the green.

Nice looking design - very clean. Almost there.