A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d hand made intro

This is just the first part of an intro for a commercial site I am building. Can you tell what you think of this? I f you'd make changes just tell me... colors, sizes, everithing!

ttp://www.macmatteo.bbk.org/prove/LAintro2.html

NOTE
    The 3d effect you see is hand made, no swift or 3d studio, unluckly there's nothing like that for mac :-(

Smile

oh it's not bad = )
    but what is it ? i don't understand ...
    also don't know the meaning of it...

resolved

Is it finished or is there more. Is that your logo or what?

This is only the first part of an intro I'm bulding... obviously it's gonna last more the finished one. The thing that you see extruding is a stylized leather.. you know this intro is for a tannery's site.
    I wanted feedback and comments because I was not sure if the 3d effect is good, I'd like people to think that the object has bet sawed from the background... do you think i did it?

resolved

Maybe if you made saw strokes it would look like it. Right now it looks like a laser is cuting from inside and then it gets pushed out. If the lines cut then paused cut then paused it would have a saw stroke.

Yes, in fact my aim is to have a laser effect but i didn't know how to let you understand i wanted the logo to be cut off. What i'm looking for now is a sparkling effect for the laser when cuts the edges of the logo

resolved

Yeah that's what I'm talking about! The laser coming in from somewhere then cut it out. sounds cool. repost when you are done. I wanna see it.