dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is going on around here???

We've had two threads hijcacked and closed by Moderators tonight.

First we have Aria and Gerbik. No matter who's side you're on one, arguing like this infront of everybody was absolutely inappropriate in my opion.

Then you have DP outright shouting on a guy that has annoyed him. Why are you discussing this in a Birthday thread?! Can't you take this to email?

The atmosphere in the CL has been increasingly tense the last few days and if it keep up, I'm not going to hang around much. A few months ago everything was relaxed and cool, but this just getting silly.

Don't argue in front of the whole world and yell at people elsewhere. It's not helpful for the community.

I don't know how everyone else feels around here, but I'm getting sick of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love this place! It's a great place to meet fellow webdesigners and have fun, but when the moderators show a lack of self control, it's destructive to the community.

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?".

Mods, if you don't think this is appropriate, let me know. I'll personally remove it. The last thing I want to do is to create more dissent.

Clifton Griffin

mods are humans too.

btw, it's spelled G E R B I C K. OK griffhiggins?

Okay, Bergs...I mean Gerbs.

Yeah, I know your human and I love y'all, but can't you guys keep the arguments confined to where they belong?

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by clifgriffin
    The atmosphere in the CL has been increasingly tense the last few days

Gawd, I'm sorry - I think it's 'cause I have PMS ...

griffhiggins, no disrespect, but I've asked you to also to not hijack threads... you're still guilty of some afterwards.

<hint, hint>

So, hey... disputes happen. If it'll make you feel better, I apologize for being somewhat awkwardly, yet inwardly appropriately, patriotic earlier.

However, I maintained my composure, and remained an adult. I can say the same for Aria.

Disputes happen all the time between adults.

Besides, you've brought your own brand of controversy as well. So, you're the pot, or kettle?

I like that new nickname... griffhiggins... sorta like Magnum PI, set in Iowa or something.

Naww Lanny. Your harmless...most of the time.

I think I might have contributed to the problem though. . .I've about sworn off any kind of political discussions here. Never turn out right.

Bergick, I'll admit I've hijacked a few threads and participated in some rather heated debates...see my above post.

Excavating for a mine,

Naww Lanny. Your harmless...most of the time.

I think I might have contributed to the problem though. . .I've about sworn off any kind of political discussions here. Never turn out right.

My harmless what, Griffhiggins????

pssst ... just between you, me and the fencepost ... they never will - we're outnumbered ... save it for your own forum or even FA - VR is superb at debating this stuffs

I think people need to back up off these American Nutz. Thats spelled N-U-T-Z, just in case some third world country people are here, I know they have low education standards. As for Britain, its okay, its got some good points, but just as many bad as everywhere else.

I am tired of the American hating that goes on here. I am American, and if you hate because of that, well....

YOU CAN BACK UP OFF DEEZ NUTZ BEFORE I HAVE TO START RIPPIN **** UP

Excavating for a mine,

Bergick, I'll admit I've hijacked a few threads and participated in some rather heated debates...see my above post.
    Guess what, Punkin' Pants ~ You get to hijack this thread all you want - it's your thread

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LanSite
    pssst ... just between you, me and the fencepost ... they never will - we're outnumbered ... save it for your own forum or even FA - VR is superb at debating this stuffs
    What's FA - VR???

As far as the fencepost thingy:
    Haven't heard that one in awhile.

Excavating for a mine,

What's FA - VR???

As far as the fencepost thingy:
    Haven't heard that one in awhile.
    Check Vision in Video link in footer - FusionArena (DV + stuff) .. VR = VisionRay

I'm old - stowe it

Fusionarena.com - Visionray started it - its a forum

Excavating for a mine,

Great ... the one thread he can hijack and no one will mind and he leaves ...

kidding, grifhiggins

Dank_Nugs
    <removed and mailed to the webmaster for comment, if he thinks it is suitable content, it will be returned
    dp>
    [Edited by david petley on 06-02-2002 at 11:56 PM]

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Then you have DP outright shouting on a guy that has annoyed him. Why are you discussing this in a Birthday thread?! Can't you take this to email?

Cliff, the exchange you mention was taken to email by me. My mail was ignored or not received. It wasn't my choice to continue, or to hijack the thread in the first place. That was done by others.

The 'guy' you mention is a troll who simply enjoys stirring up trouble and I am fed up with people who come here for that purpose.

He is not here anymore.

david p.

Originally posted by OMEGA
    Thats spelled N-U-T-Z, just in case some third world country people are here, I know they have low education standards.

Omega, you're not helping anyone with this post, please keep your personal prejudices off this board.

Dank_Nugs
    Originally posted by Dank_Nugs
    <removed and mailed to the webmaster for comment, if he thinks it is suitable content, it will be returned
    dp>
    Do I censore your posts? huh? I think you need to change your Depends a bit more often.

dp>
    Do I censore your posts? huh? I think you need to change your Depends a bit more often.
    it's not your job to censor anyone's posts.

it is the moderators job to censor posts that are inappropriate for this board.

if you don't want to be part of a board that is rated g-13 then i suggest you don't want to be a part of this one.

Originally posted by aversion
    Originally posted by OMEGA
    Thats spelled N-U-T-Z, just in case some third world country people are here, I know they have low education standards.

Omega, you're not helping anyone with this post, please keep your personal prejudices off this board.

prejudices? No, I was taught in highschool that third world countries have low education standards. My bad, next time I will take everything my teachers taught us and believe it to be fallicy(sp).

Is the grass green? Obviously not on every side of the track. Well must be green where Dank comes from I believe what I said holds no prejudice. I think you need to take a step back from the situation and count to 10 aversion. Then realize AMERICA RULES