A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] help help help

[plz plz plz plz plzz pllllzzz help i need help with how to make a game i need help i want it to be a shooter called stick death - paintball

plz email me at millie520@aol.com

OK ,OK , OK.........................

it's pretty obvious that you're excited about this.........

What do you have so far?

-Jason

Oh yeah.........

.........you want to delete your other 3 posts on the same subject. It really is bordering on spam.......

-Jason

hey first game

hey are you good at makeing games ???? plz plz plz plz email me and on the mail tell me how to make a game and the sample downt help

Re: hey first game

Originally posted by total_WAR2002
    hey are you good at makeing games ???? plz plz plz plz email me and on the mail tell me how to make a game and the sample downt help
    I'm gonna give you the benifit of the doubt and assume your a kid.....

look at
    http://deadyeti.com/blanius/breakout.html

download the source and just TRY to make your game or at least start it, then ask questions about anything you have trouble with.

Game. you need objects that respond to either mouse or keyboard, need to decided what the goal is. Look up collision detection that is used often in games.

We don't mind helping (somethimes alot) but we aren't goning to just program a game for you. You'll have to do a little work yourself.

Otherwise bug off.

Trying to be nice,

Re: Re: hey first game

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blanius

We don't mind helping (somethimes alot) but we aren't goning to just program a game for you. You'll have to do a little work yourself.

Otherwise bug off.

Trying to be nice,
    ...........of course there always is the very popular incentive of.................

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-Jason

Re: Re: Re: hey first game

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Originally posted by blanius

Otherwise bug off.

Trying to be nice,
    ...........of course there always is the very popular incentive of.................

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-Jason
    Yeah well of course I thought about adding that he could hire me to write a game... but again from the posts I'm assuming age of about 11-12 so I doubt he can afford me.

hey in 13 8th grade

hey can you teach me some tricks on macking a game i have some done but keeps saying stupied A$$ **** about the action

Re: hey in 13 8th grade

hey can you teach me some tricks on macking a game i have some done but keeps saying stupied A$$ **** about the action
    Well I was close eh? Anyway there are no "tricks" it's hard work.

Post what you've done or something, you simply are not providing enough info for anyone to really offer any help.

and please DON"T POST ANYMORE OF THESE MESSAGES! either ask a real question or don't pester everyone. Really we're really nice in here and we WILL try to help you, but no one is going to JUST DO IT FOR YOU.

You can email me your source file and I'd be happy to take a look.

Post hey i email you gust my first thing working on

hey i email you a thing like the samlpe in 3dfa called stick man

Okay - firstly, we welcome everyone on our support forum, and we appreicate your enthusiasm, and encourage you to make loads of games, but you will need to try and be a little less demanding on the members.

They are right - building a game can be difficult, but its even harder if you do not put in the time yourself to learn a little. Firstly, you will need to know a little about writing 'logic code'. You can do this yourself at home, just with a pencil and paper.

Write out the steps your game will need to go through in order for it to work. And draw pictures of the players and the paintballs and the enemies and everything you can think of so that when you go to make the game, you already know what you want.

You'll need to think very very hard about each step, and pretend the program is very very simple, and the computer needs you to tell it everything it has to do in order for your game to work.

These steps might be:

1. show the title screen
    2. make the game players
    3. make the enemies
    4. make the paintballs
    5. make the explosions
    6. make the paintballs always stick to the player's gun
    7. place all the objects on the screen.
    8. make the player's change direction when the user presses the arrow keys (hint - use the x and y velocity to move players.)
    9. make the paintballs shoot out of the player's gun when the user presses the spacebar
    10. show the explosion if the paintball hits the enemy
    and change the score
    11. goto line 8. and continue until one player has no more life points left and has died
    12. show the 'game over' screen.

now, after you've written all these sorts of steps down, you will need to learn how the program itself works so you can make these steps work. Such as:

you will need to use a PAINT object to make your players, and other images
    you will need to use the object's PROPERTIES to get the players to move
    you will need to use a KEYBOARD input element to make the player's respond to pressing the arrow keys
    you will need to use LOGIC to control the flow of the program
    you will need to use VARIABLES to keep track of player's scores.
    you will need to use COLLISION DETECTION to determine if a paintball has hit an enemy.

- know what i mean ? Soooo,

You will need to read the HELP manual all the way through, and play with the program as you go. You will need to go through the samples one by one, to understand how each one was made.

You may even need to find a book online or in a library that tells you in a very basic way how to program. To make a good game, you will need to know about logic such as 'IF THEN' statements, and VARIABLES, and PROPERTIES of objects.

This is about as much as the forum can tell you at the moment - the rest will be up to you.

Start with some simple stuff, and learn as much as you possibly can. It will take weeks, maybe months, to become an expert if you haven't done any programming at all before, so be patient

Best of luck
    InsaneTools

excellent

Damian excellent post!

I hope he sticks with it He'll love it if he does. He did send me his file and I did a little editing for him. I hope it gives him some ideas.

hey thanx guys

hey guy blanuis can you plz send that file back to me plz i apresiat it sorry about my spelling plz send it to this email blanuis millie520@aol.com
    and does any one no were i can look at some 3dfa tutorials

why i like it

DKerr's post and the excellent help files are one of the reasons I like 3dfa so much. Not to mention the really helpful people here at the board.

Re: hey thanx guys

hey guy blanuis can you plz send that file back to me plz i apresiat it sorry about my spelling plz send it to this email blanuis millie520@aol.com
    and does any one no were i can look at some 3dfa tutorials
    I sent it days ago

I've since deleted the file... If you didn't recieve it you'll have to send again. But basically all I did was this

Add keyframes
    1 - startof movie has STOP MOVIE action

2 - This keyframe I used Morph actoin to move the knife hand to the other side of his body, did this by dragging the points that make up the knife and arm and then move it all back again in another step

3 - This keyframe is another stop movie action

4 - This keyframe I had added a bullet with properties set and allow velocity and acceleraction just infront of the gun barrle but made it invisible - in this keyframe I show the bullet then set it's velocity x to 200.

5- this is the last keyframe and another STOP movie action

Next I added a list of actions to watch for the bullet and reset it when it went off the screen, I GET property into a variable I called X and when X is greater than the width of the movie I set the shots velocity to 0 hide it and reset its X position to just infront of the gun.

And lastly In the Button UP actions for each button You put a go to frame action and enter the keyframe that is the one you need for either the shot or the knife....

If you can't find my email send it again and I'll work on it again.

fould it

hey i fould the file tHaNx for fixing it and does any one no were i can find tutorials for the 3d flash animator

Re: fould it

hey i fould the file tHaNx for fixing it and does any one no were i can find tutorials for the 3d flash animator
    there are good examples included.

plus try
    http://deadyeti.com/
    there is Into3dfa and My stuff there

and

http://flash-fx.com/

Kusco has some too

[ot] all my respect

sorry for bringing this thread back on top but i have to say that i´m realy surprised ´bout this thread, the friendliness, helpfully and authority of the answers.

I think here i´m right...

Sorry to be rude, but that was really funny!
    Gimme that hammer....I can fix it!