A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Im new to flash...

Hi everyone, im new to this little forum and new to flash mx in general, so im sure many newbies ask, what the hell do i do first? I have my sites down due to my interest in learning flash and making my sites better and a bit more interactive just like many do, unfortunately playing around w/ flash mx has resulted in no progress in my understanding in the software. I know there are ppl here who know how to work it well, and if its not too much trouble i would really appreciate it, i mean, REALLY appreciate it if u can email me letting me know that u can assist me.well until then ill check back often to see if anyone has replied and hopefully someone can contact me and help me out. thank u and god bless.

i am using flash for about 11 month, when i started first i looked at the lessons in flash(help menu) and than i did couple of expiremental sites and animations. After some time (month may be 2) i found a website i really liked and i tried to do something like they did and by doing that i learned a lot of important things that i know right now(site was never published). when i finished it i looked at some details and figured out what i should do to improve myself. i also looked on samples on fk and other sites.

Anti-Bleh!
    I would suggest playing around with Flash to become extremely familiar with the environment and the terms used. Once you have that under your belt, you can use the VAST amount of tutorials available on the Internet. One reason Flash is so great is because of the huge community and resources available. Many members here on the forum are ver willing to help with specific problems, however i doubt you will get many "personal" tutors.

Email me with specific problems - phattemer@hotmail.com

Good Luck!