dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 32x cd burner

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    i was so excited when i saw in the new staple flyer that a 32x cd burner was only 50 bucks!!!! and then like 100 for a 40x(only 8 more x and 50 more bucks) so decided on it and i am going to get it. what do you think about the new faster cd burners i mean they do not even have cds that can burn that fast but i figure that is good i will be ahead of the game for atleast like...a week haha this industry is growing so fast. well anyways do you see a big difference in quality wise for a brand name burner to a generic? because i am pretty sure this one is generic becasue it is so cheap but do you think it would be MORE worth it to sasve a little more to get a brand name burner? thanks for all your replies ahead of time

nah i dont think you should save to pay more for a cd burner just because of the makke. i have a generic 32x writer and it works great!

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    mine is still the 4x write hehehe...

im thinking about getting a new one but i heard there's a lot of different method of writing and some burner won't support them... any ideas what i should get?

you need a fast writer and a fast cd drive, i have a 52x cd drive and a 32x writer.
    every writer you get you have a program that you install to make the writer work and so you can use it so what ever one you get it will work.

The only problem is getting discs that burn at that speed...

I don't get it, are any of you in that much of a rush to make your cds? I just start one burning (on my 6x) and let it run as I continue to work. No big deal, when it's done, it's done.

Some people like faster results.

WOW OMEGA you must have the most colourful footer on flashkit!
    you have a 3.5megabit conection! how much does that cost you?

i still got me a 12x, i go through enormous amounts of blank cds. buy about 60 at a time and they get used within a month or so. might invest in a 40x if the prices come down. bad thing about generic drives are that they dont have the special features like burn proof etc. but i guess you get what you pay for.

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    oh i disagree there i can a generic like pacific digital or some thnig like that haha and it has the burn proof(a key feature for anyhting over like 20x)

I should get a burner.

dhawaltank
    i got a 8x writer. i was thinking of getting a faster burner. i asked around within my friend and one of them told me since they are that fast, they mess up the cd. thats why, i am afraid to go for a faster burner. is that true? do your cd's write good? or they get messed up sometimes? my friends are 12 and i am 12 myself so we might not know this thing good. please help out.

dubba you tee eff steven_h_2000's Avatar

generic?

generic will do.......but brand names r more trusty in my opinion:P

32x Rocks! That's what I have.

40x will hardly be a noticable difference...definetly not worth 50 extra bucks.

Generic is good sometimes. I would be suspicous of the extrememly low price.

What is the brand name?

hides his 2x burner in the background

hehe .. yes .. i have a good cd burner! .. it makes cds!

i've had the same 50 cdr spindle for the last 6 months.

I say go for the biggest and most expensive. Money isn't an issue when it comes to purchasing computer equipment, quality is. So don't worry about cost.

Originally posted by OMEGA
    I say go for the biggest and most expensive. Money isn't an issue when it comes to purchasing computer equipment, quality is. So don't worry about cost.

You forget that you're talking to poor people that don't live in mansions like you.

FK Official Postman
    Sometimes the most expensive is that price merely because of the sticker.

OEM - sent to companies to stickerize and sell