A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Radio buttons values to PHP-script

Hi all,

I know how to pass variables in a form from input text fields to a PHP-script. But I don't know how to handle radio buttons and dropdown menus in this regard.
    So how do I retrieve the values of those GUI's and send them to a PHP-script?

Does anyone know a good tute or just the answer?

Thank you very much!

Michiel

any input field in its HTML code has a name.. the same applies to radio buttons and menus. if you have yes and no radio buttons with the same name then whichever is clicked will be passed to the php file - the variable name will be the name of the buttons. the same works for menus.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I meant radio buttons in Flash 5. But I decided to use a menu/list box, same problem.

I was working on the problem with a menu/list box and I couldn't find the variable name that Flash 5 uses in the common library. I found _parent._parent.currentValue and _parent.label as two variables of dynamic text fields.

However, if I use for instance $_parent.label in my PHP-script, the output in my email is ".label". So the script doesn't recognize the variable of the list box that holds the users choice out of the list.

So the basic question is: when I use the menu/list box built in Flash 5, what's the name of the variable my PHP-script must receive in order to handle it?

Your help is highly appreciated, thanx!

Michiel

Any variable that arrives at the PHP script in this form...

$variable = somevalue;

...should work fine. Don't use . or other odd charcters in variable names.