A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: navigate through a picture

I have a picture that is larger then a normale screen resolution.

Is it possible to navigate through the picture and not using the original scrollbars of explorer???

F1-nr1

so you mean the picture is bigger than the screen and you want to be able to move around the picture through flash rather than scrolling? I'm assuming you want the pic to move as you click links showing different areas of the pic. To do that you would tween the pic to each desired area, then link the end of each tween through the use of buttons. Personally, I don't think this would work well because moving a big pic around could be pretty trying on the visitors computer. You might want to consider cutting the picture up and only moving areas nessasary for the given change. This way the tweening pic wouldn't be so huge.

hope that helps

Exclamation

Is it also possible that when you click on the picture and that then the picture movies(only when you move the mouse ofcourse)

F1-nr1

yup. You could put your buttons on the pic, then set the alpha of the buttons to 0% so they are invisible. That way it would appear that you were clicking the pic rather than the buttons.