A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pop up window

Hi! I´ve have a proble opening a pop window, i insert an action to a button, is like this
    on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:window.open('http://www.wherever.com.com/audio.swf','Audio','width=224.2,height=349.6')", "_blank");
    }
    when i tested in flash everything is allright but when i upload it and test in over the internet in wont work, is like nothing happen.. what it could be?
    i´m using flash MX and publish it in flash 5, using internet explorer, by the way another question:
    Macos X + Netscape 6 + load movie= NOTHING HAPPENS!! do you know what it could be? Thanks very much!

Hi.

when you post it online, is the .swf embedded in an html page or linked directly? I think the style of script your using requires the swf to be embedded. If that doesn't help, try this:

on (release) {
    varHeight = "355";
    varWidth = "600";
    getURL ("javascript:window.open('YourPage.html','someName ','width=600,height=355,top='+((screen.availHeight/2)-(" add varHeight/2 add "))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(" add varWidth/2 add "))); void(0);");
    }

just make sure to change both places that show the dimensions. hope that helps a bit

this is what works for me...it seems to be almost just like EvolveDesigns' one but here's the one i use...
    getURL("javascript:thiswindow=window.open(your url.com','nameofwindow','width=500,height=450,left =0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,stat us=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No'); thiswindow.focus(); void(0);");

that's the code that works for me, but of course you'll have to edit it to your preferences..hope that helps.

You can also try this as well:

Basically the same thing:

http://www.flash-db.com/PopUp/