dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Graphics Tablet

Smile

I am really thinking about buying a Graphics Tablet. There are so many different companies that offer one I am not sure who to go with? I hear Wacom has a really good one but once again I am not sure. So I figured I would ask the Pro's. Any one have any suggestions or have one they prefer over another let me know. This is for anime not CAD if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Mauve

Wacom all the way! I've got 2 of them (one at home and one at work) and they are definitely worth the money. I would suggest avoiding the smallest one (4x5) because it's a little too cramped. The 6x8 is ok, but I prefer the 9x12 -- a lot closer to drawing actual size. If you keep an eye on the Wacom site, they offer refurbished models for about half price on occasion.

Smile Graphics Tab

Sweet I did not know that they sell refurbished one's I am gonna check out there site now.

Thanks a ton!

Mauve

If Wacom doesn't have any refurbished tablets right now, you might want to check out http://www.coolgraphicstuff.com/. I bought a used 9x12 tablet from them about a year ago for $99. As another alternative, you should be able to search on Google and find some additional dealers.

One thing I didn't mention that you might want to be aware of is this: these things tend to hog your desk space. Make sure you've got some room...

Been Looking but not seeing any used one's yet. But I will keep my eyes open, thanks for the info.