A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing MP3

Hybrid View

Hi,
    I am trying to import mp3s into my movie but I get errors on some mp3 files and not others. More specifically, Flash 5.0 lets me import some mp3 but not others. I know that it must be 8 or 16 bit soound file. Does anyone know if there is a certain mp3 format that Flash will only recognize? a certain bitrate (kbps)? a certain kHz? The mp3 file is "Temple.mp3" found in FlashKit's SoundFX section. Any help is greatly appreaciated.

at the sound fx section i think you can choose if you want to download it as mp3 or wave right?? well if you can, try downloading it as a .wav and see if it works.

hope this helps

Actually u can go download a software that is able to convert the mp3 into wav files then u are able to import all the files into the flash. The software i mention is call the mp3-wav converter. It can be download online...

I have tried using wav, but I prefer not because I want to minimize file size. I know how to convert back and forth from wav to mp3, but I haven't been able to find a good quality mp3 format that I can import into Flash. Let me clarify my situation.

* I want to import Temple.mp3 into my flash movie. On trying to import the file I get an error message stating that Flash cannot read the specified file. "One or more of the files were not imported because there were problems reading them."

* I then went to download the wav format file. It imported fine but the wav file is close to 2 mb.

* I converted the wav file to mp3 using AudioCatalyst, and I get that same cannot open file error.

* I have tested my sound files to see if they work by playing them with Winamp and the files play fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on a solution? Thanks.