A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The LA Lakers won!

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    i wus at Arco Arena during game 6 (they opened it for us poor people to watch the game on the jumbo tron for $8 which all went to carity) thats the closest ive been to a real game in 8 years when the kings had Brian Grant Spud Web Bobby Hurley and Mitch Richmond.... and game 6 wuz robbed from sacto the officials just took it right out of there hands with 27 foul calls in the 4th...

game 7 the kings shot um selves in the foot same with game 4

the cool thing about this series going to game 7 wus i goto meet the lakers because my school senior ball wus at the same hotel the lakers stayed at the night before game 7 so they came to the dance. Kobe wus putten the moves on ma boy Marcus date lol and shaq had the nerve to flip us the bird i should smashed um with a crow bar huh.....

LAKERS RULE!!! They won tonight to!

Lakers won?
    Damn, I'm really behind. Last time I heard Kings were up 3-2. Bug! GO NETS!

Unemployed

whinge whinge whinge

The Lakers have taken game 1 of the finals, the Nets did well to come back but you can't afford to play half a game like that against the Lakers. Jason Kidd is by far the best player going around at the moment, playing well and making those around him play better.

The Nets had no answer for Shaq though which will probably be the story of the finals. I heard today that the Nets had odds of 7-1 to win the title, the longest odds in history.

Anyway, no eastern team was ever going to win, it was always out of the Lakers, Kings and Spurs as to who would win the title.

I still want that rematch of last year's 76ers against the Lakers.

Unemployed
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    I still want that rematch of last year's 76ers against the Lakers.
    For another whipping? Here's a hint: Get more than one player on your team.

Jezza, man, the Lakers are the most boring championship team ever. And, unless one is from LA, there really is no reason why one would like them. The Kings deserve it so much more and the "Zen" master. FREAKS!

Unemployed
    Well you pretty much summed it up when you said "championship team" unlike the 76ers. Tell me who's more boring: A team with 2 players who can score or one?

Iverson, carries the ball up, shoots.

Jezza, with all due respect, I think anyone who argues that Iverson (by himself) is less exciting than Kobe and Shaq combined, doesn't know basketball. There is NO comparison. Yes, the Lakers are a championship team, and yes they are obviously good. Kobe Bryant is terribly overrated and Shaq is too big for the league to handle. Yes, he is good and, yes, it's not his fault he is twice the size of anyone else in the NBA. However, he is dirty, in fact, sometimes flagrantly dirty, and the NBA will be much better off without him. Kobe is non-existant all the time and frankly I cant believe people call him the next jordan, when there are at least 15 other players better than him in the NBA right now. I'll name them if you ask me to. So, am I bitter because my team lost last season, yes. Am I bitter because my team sucked this year? Of course. But I will never like the Lakers because they are TOO good. And I stick by my previous comment that anyone who likes the Lakers and is not from LA, is simply a front-runner who most likely routed for the Bulls, Broncos, Yankees, and Cowboys in their days.

hrmm jealous much?

The series against the Kings made this years play offs my favorite ever!!

The Lakers are hands down the best team since Mike's Bulls. Finally LA gets a team that will carry a legacy with them...

And uhm, I hate to break it to you all, but the Lakers beating the Kings was the end of the playoffs. Net's don't stand a chance... It's sad really... :-D

Unemployed
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    Jezza, with all due respect, I think anyone who argues that Iverson (by himself) is less exciting than Kobe and Shaq combined, doesn't know basketball. There is NO comparison. Yes, the Lakers are a championship team, and yes they are obviously good. Kobe Bryant is terribly overrated and Shaq is too big for the league to handle. Yes, he is good and, yes, it's not his fault he is twice the size of anyone else in the NBA. However, he is dirty, in fact, sometimes flagrantly dirty, and the NBA will be much better off without him. Kobe is non-existant all the time and frankly I cant believe people call him the next jordan, when there are at least 15 other players better than him in the NBA right now. I'll name them if you ask me to. So, am I bitter because my team lost last season, yes. Am I bitter because my team sucked this year? Of course. But I will never like the Lakers because they are TOO good. And I stick by my previous comment that anyone who likes the Lakers and is not from LA, is simply a front-runner who most likely routed for the Bulls, Broncos, Yankees, and Cowboys in their days.
    Well, I live in Aus, gotta go for someone! I've been following the Lakers for about 15 years now so you can say whatever, it doesn't bother me. I follow Spurs in the Premier League but don't live in North London either

Iverson on his own exciting? I would say the exact opposite. He is the most selfish player in the league, a nightmare to coach and I'd hate to play with him because he just won't give it up and that's why the sixers won't win a title.

Kobe terribly overrated? I don't think so. He has tremendous skills, you claim 15 players in the league better than him, I would say only a few. Definitely in the top 10 in the league, and I don't think you can call anyone in the top 10 overrated! I agree he's not the next Jordan, I doubt we'll ever see anyone dominate the way Michael did ever again so I hate it when they label a player that way. Regardless, Kobe is a great player, anyone who denies that is simply blind to the facts. He has matured so much over the last couple of seasons and works well with Shaq to make one of the most potent 1-2 combination ever.

The Lakers are the best team at the moment because they have 2 superstars, a good collection of support players, and they know how to win the big games as seen in the series with the Kings.

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    aight im not a lakers fan and i hate Shaq cuz he talks to much crap and is just a big oaf go play football ya fat fruit.
    Now for kobe i wont deny it hes the best player in the league. He wants the ball at the end of game and makes the big plays he's not selfish like iverson as u can see with his assists he gets the team involved and when in foul trouble he takes the roll of decoy so hes a team player now for jezzas remark of a good supporting cast i cant agree there the only 2 decent players on that team besides shaq and kobe are fisher and horry every one else is a scrub... u gotta give it to Fox when it turns it up but hes still a scrub..
    I think the kings will take it next year but for now the title is stayen right here in California where it belongs...

And the only player right now iwth the potential to be better then kobe is TMac (i just got his new shoes hehe) he just needs to mature more like kobe has..

And Jezza the nets have 0 chance of winning this series the only reason they came back in game 1 wus because the lakers played so many of there scruby reserves during the game to give shaq and kobe a rest from that gruling sacramento series. Thats not like phil jackson to play reserves like that but i dont think it will happen in game to and lakers win by 10+

FK Resident Amazon

RICK_FOX_SUX

xeon if you are out there, damn you lol

Iverson is the flippin' MAN. Sorry Jezza, but 'tis true.

TMAC is the man too! Niceness! i think kg's shoes are cooler though

mmm will be interesting to see what happens during the off season. hmmmm.

GO NETS!

Unemployed
    Iverson's not the man. He won't get a ring because he doesn't do anything to make those around him better. He needs to have a good look at Jason Kidd and learn a thing or 10.

Anyway, Lakers have taken game 2, 106-83. Again they let a big lead slip but cruised to victory in the end. Shaq again was dominant, there's no way the Nets can stop him. Kobe played well again (take note you guys, he's proving you all wrong, again!).

Shaq was 2 assists shy of a triple double and shot 12 from 14 from the line. Unstoppable.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar

I HATE THE LAKERS

I really hate the Lakers, but I am not going to try and convince you that they are a crappy team because the fact is they are the best teams in the league today.

WHY?? well...

Kobe Bryant is one of the strongest players in the league and can always get the ball in the net when his team needs him to, Shaq's size makes him very dominant in the paint and extremely hard to defend, not to mention he is often double teamed which leaves fisher, Hory, fox and other good players with wide open shots.

So why do I still hate them you ask??

1) Because they are so good, I love the underdog and I always want them to win, just because the lakers don't have the home court advantage doesn't mean their the underdog (try finding any online betting that will give you over 2-1 odds). Everytime they lose I jump up and down for the little guy.

2) Because their lazy, For example the series in Sacremento, they only really "turned it on in the forth quarter" and they almost lost the series because of it. They have the ability the just seem reluctant to use it.

3) Robert Hory and his last second 3 pointer cost me $20! (Kings fans know wht I'm talking about)

Unemployed
    Finally someone with some sense. You don't have to like them, but you've got to respect their ability. Anyone who says Kobe can't play is just plain ignorant. I agree with the lazy assesment too, I'm sure they could win a lot more games during the regular season if they really put in.

Anyway, game 3 is underway, Lakers have started well again with Shaq and Kobe playing well.

Re: I HATE THE LAKERS

Originally posted by flipshark

3) Robert Hory and his last second 3 pointer cost me $20! (Kings fans know wht I'm talking about)
    Philly fans know what you are talking about too.

Unemployed
    lol, Horry just did it again, hit a big 3 after having a pretty bad game. Lakers up by 4, 2 minutes to go, going to be a good finish!!

Unemployed
    Lakers won game 3, 106-103. One more to go....

I think the Lakers might drop Game 4 and just win it back home.