A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Actionscript Benefits

Smile

I have no idea how to create those flashy sites like others do with there continuis repetitive animations. Whenever I try such a thing, it's to long to load and to big. I guess its just action script. Can anyone give me an example of how certain things are just replaced by actionscript? Just to get the general idea.

Thanx guys

bump

Please help me out here?

Anti-Bleh!
    The use of actionscript enables your site to be faster, smoother, sleeker, and more respected. For instance, and this is a very basic example, a simple motion tween:

In one example, we have an instance of a box with 10 frames and a motion tween moving it from left to right. To make the movie we drew the box and added the frames, etc. Lets say this movie is about 20 kb.

Now with Actionscript we could have a blank scene and movie - only Actionscript and accomplish the same thing. Using Actionscript an empty movieclip can be created, a box can be drawn (MX drawing capabilities), and a box can be moved. - and all for just one kb.

Amazing.

Yes, that is amazing. But I soppose you can't use that in an advanced site, can you? I also heard something about duplicate movie clip or something. What's that? If it does what I think it does, it saves a lot of space. But what does it exactly? Can you give another example? Thanx.