dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX v Flash 5 - HELP!!!

Hi Guys

I downloaded the trial of Flash MX and noticed that all the icons on my existing flash fla's and swf's changed to MX. I then uninstalled it (for a variety of reasons) and all my icons reverted back to the Flash 5 icon. But now I can't open any of my fla's in Flash 5 *Arggghhhhh!!! It simply says.. *Unexpected File Format*. Is there a backward compatibility problem or something. Anyone got any idea on what I can do about this?
    I would really appreciate your help with this!

Arckid - Curving the Web
    because you not saved the files in flash 5 document format .... u saved them into flash mx format ...

solution: Install flash mx again ... open those documents and then do File > Save As > flash 5 document format ...

hope this helps.

Thanks Aashu

Thanks for your reply - and yes I will install MX again - if Macromedia let me :-)
    However I was talking about all the files I saved when I was using Flash 5 - they are the ones I cant open now. Did you mean for me to go back to every one of these .. open them in MX and resave them all again in Flash 5?

If so then that is some kind of big task that I wonder if Macromedia realise this is what happens when folks try out their new programmes *grrrrrr*

Thanks anyways I appreciate your reply!

Arckid - Curving the Web
    yeah u must have to!!! and enjoy flashing!