dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic Mask!!!

Unhappy

Hi flash world!!!

I'd like to create a mask...for example a square or a triangle and change the shape, or size or rotation of it from actionscript... for example after press a button or after click a key...

Is it possible to change the shape, size or rotation angle of a mask from Actionscript? if so... how?

Thank you for your time!!!!

Senile member! :)
    In flashMX you can affect a movieclip in a mask layer just like any other movieclip.

e.g.
    Code:
    myMask._rotation = 90;
    You can even put use textfields as masks, but then they need to be inside a movie Clip, at least an input text.

/Mirandir

If it's possible in flash mx.... I'd like to know that if I create a copy of that movieclip.... and put the position of this second movie clip a hundred pixels to somewhere.... in the resulting image I could see that change... and see the effect of this duplication...

is it correct? Could I?

thank you!!

Senile member! :)
    yes MX can handle multiple shapes in a mask. but only if it's assigned as a mask at creation time and not during runtime with AS.

Just put the movieclips that is to be duplictated inside another MovieClip. and make this container MC as the mask.

/Mirandir