dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SCENES IN POPUP WINDOWS?!

resolved

I am finding it impossible to carry music across scenes.

People tell me what to do but not how to do it.

The only thing I can think to do is to open each scene in a window from a main screen that plays music.

Can a scene be put into a window and can that window open full screen?!

Put your music in another .swf altogether and then use loadMovie to load it into another level. Then your main movie in _level0 can jump from scene to scene while your music.swf (in _level1) plays on regardless.

resolved since figured

I have since figured that out, to the point I have made a multi choice, cross scene, jukebox... but thanks anyway

I still want to know about popup windows though. I would like to know if I can have a small thumbnail of a piece of artwork and then click it to produce a larger, popup, version.

---

Originally posted by MrBoris
    Put your music in another .swf altogether and then use loadMovie to load it into another level. Then your main movie in _level0 can jump from scene to scene while your music.swf (in _level1) plays on regardless.

What you could do is make the items you want to appear in both your main movie and your pop-ups into seperate .swfs. Then use loadMovie to display them in your main movie but link directly to them with your HTML in your pop-up windows.

This will save you having to make two different versions of each item.

For thumbnails in the main movie, try loading the seperate .swf into a movie clip, then altering the _xscale and _yscale properties of the movie clip. Haven't actually tried this but it ought to work.

resolved making

I guess what I do not know is how to make a popup window, and how to size it, but I'll find a tutorial here.

---

Originally posted by MrBoris
    What you could do is make the items you want to appear in both your main movie and your pop-ups into seperate .swfs. Then use loadMovie to display them in your main movie but link directly to them with your HTML in your pop-up windows.

This will save you having to make two different versions of each item.

For thumbnails in the main movie, try loading the seperate .swf into a movie clip, then altering the _xscale and _yscale properties of the movie clip. Haven't actually tried this but it ought to work.

I did some stuff on pop up windows a little while back, it has a downloadable fla file and a bit of explanation, it may help. http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2...opup_demo.html

Quick edit, It looks like I overwrote the original demo swf file when I uploaded something to test someone else's code, oops, the fla should still be there though, it's just not the one for the swf that appears on the page.

resolved thanks

Thanks. I'll check it out later!

John

Originally posted by catbert303
    I did some stuff on pop up windows a little while back, it has a downloadable fla file and a bit of explanation, it may help. http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2...opup_demo.html

Quick edit, It looks like I overwrote the original demo swf file when I uploaded something to test someone else's code, oops, the fla should still be there though, it's just not the one for the swf that appears on the page.