dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Storing variables

Hello all. Does anyone know how I can store variables input by user via a text field from one swf to another? I think I need to explain this: I am doing an order form where swf's which are the actual order forms are being loaded on top of one another. When the user inputs quantity I want that quantity to be stored in another swf. Then when the user is finished they would get a preview page that would show them what they ordered and when they click a submit button it would send all the info to a php fscript that would send it via email. I have the php script and it works I just need a way to have variables passed from one swf to another, stored and then all be sent to a php script..anyone who can help thank you!

What do you mean when you say the movies are "being loaded on top of each other"? If you mean you're using loadmovie to load .swfs into different levels, then you can pass variables between .swfs just by using _level.

For example, if you have a movie loaded in _level1 that needs to display the variable "dogs" that is on the _root of the .swf in _level0, you can access it with _level0.dogs

Helps?

Originally posted by MrBoris
    What do you mean when you say the movies are "being loaded on top of each other"? If you mean you're using loadmovie to load .swfs into different levels, then you can pass variables between .swfs just by using _level.

For example, if you have a movie loaded in _level1 that needs to display the variable "dogs" that is on the _root of the .swf in _level0, you can access it with _level0.dogs

Helps?
    I think so..thank you. I am in the process now of trying to get this all organized..thanks again!