A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does your average scanner scan slides?

Hi,

I was just wondering if most scanners are capable of doing this as I have quite a number to use for a website.

Any help appreciated.

Jged

Maybe your average very expensive scanner? I can't even get the lid of mine. (...evil canon... mumble... evil tech support... mumble mumble)

I know with my old Agfa SnapScan (which was brilliant except it died a month out of warrenty) you could buy a transparency adapter for about Australian $300.

I dont know what scanner you currently have so its hard to advise but if this is a one-off job, it might be more cost-effective to go to a professional photo lab (Here in London id go to Joes Basement for instance) and ask them to scan them in for me .You just give them your specs (res , size etc)and they transfer everything on a cdrom for you .

The quality is great - the sort of that you couldnt really achieve with a standard Agfa slide scanner (i know cos i have one )

a

my dad has a Canoscan FS 2710 slide scanner. its very good because you get a better quality picture with scanning slides. it cost around £400, dunno wat that it in dollars. its dimensions are 30cm x 13cm x 8cm (about) just in case you were wondering wat it looks like !
    regardz,
    paul

Originally posted by insomnia-design
    my dad has a Canoscan FS 2710 slide scanner. its very good because you get a better quality picture with scanning slides. it cost around £400, dunno wat that it in dollars. its dimensions are 30cm x 13cm x 8cm (about) just in case you were wondering wat it looks like !
    regardz,
    paul
    welcome to FK insomnia-design

a

Hi,

Thanks for your replies and putting me in the picture so to speak! I too live in the south east so I'll look up Jo's Basement in Yellow Pages!

Jged

Originally posted by Jged
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies and putting me in the picture so to speak! I too live in the south east so I'll look up Jo's Basement in Yellow Pages!

Jged
    Joes Basement is in Wardour street , im one of the regulars there
    Another good place is Metro , but rather more expensive.

http://www.joesbasement.co.uk/

A

Much appreciated,

Jged

Originally posted by Aria

welcome to FK insomnia-design

a [/B]
    thanks, but i've been lookin at this site 4 ages, never registered though...