A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The 'girl' is back. Check out there'vamped' site

Lightbulb

I posted this site up a while ago and got many replies of constructive critism, I have taken many of these points on board and this is the out come http://www.jmsradio.co.uk .
    I would really value any other opinions, especially on the streaming, video and fonts. Hopefully I won't get my arse slapped for posting the wrong place this time!

Hi Clara...

First impressions:

- JMS letters move slightly during preloader
    - Lack of continuity between menu items (Radio, Music, etc) even though each is effective and attractive.
    - Progress bar on loader for Video is hard to see against grey background
    - Multimedia link doesnt seem to work
    - Not sure why History menu item appears in a different location to the other menu items under Radio, ie. History above, 10 tips & Briefing & Examples below.

I like the fonts, can't comment on the streaming sorry - my connection sucks tonight! :/

Overall, it looks good, but I prefer a bit of continuity (makes me feel safe .

~Circe.

Unhappy

I haven't used the same layout/transitions in the various sections as the subjects are so vastly different, but I have kept continuity in colours/fonts (and basic styles), I like to keep my users interested by making each section unique, makes them want to visit each section (instead of seeing the same thing over and over again. But your points are valued and I will look at them individually. I will adjust the JMS letters.
    What is your opinion on the quality of the images?

The quality seems fine to me - no complaints there. I really like your use of cropped images rather than thumbnails or smaller versions. I wondered why it took so long to load the images at first, but then realised it was because of the videoclip. Personally, I would be happy with a 5 sec video instead of the 15+ seconds, unless there's a reason why you included so much?

Hi RedCirce
    I have made some alterations, and the new site, with a fully functional Multimedia button and contact button, are now working (must have dropped a link or something). Have you got any sites for me to take a squiz at?
    The video clip is needed as a larger file, I couldn't get away with showing any less.
    Thanks for the reply, is there anyone else out there with an opinion of this site?