Thread: flash write to text file??

Smile

can anyone help me? I need to take a list of, lets say, 5-10 parameters:

Name:
    Email:
    Address:
    Phone:
    and some others, not sure yet:

and have a flash file write all this info to a text file residing somewhere on a web server once the person/people click SUBMIT. This text file should be able to contain an infinite amount of entries.

is this possible? i have exhausted my options so far and am coming here to see if anyone can help me and let me know how to do this...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

you can't write directly to a txt file.. or any file at that, with flash.
    you have to use some like server side scripting.. such as php. have the php file accept variables sent to it from flash, and then have it write to a text file

Member of the Flashist Party
    I was wondering the same thing with a different twist:

My home page has a quote from person X. I would like that person X to access my website, fill out a form with his new quote, hit submit, and have the site be automatically updated with that quote forever, until changed again.

Kind of like dynamic web design but just for a line of text.

Anybody with suggestions?

Thanks.

yes, EXACTLY, thats what I am talking about, either using a .pl or .php script to write it. I do not want it to necessarily directly to a txt file, i know that can't happen.

but what i do not know how to do is configure the .swf and the .php/.pl script to coordinate with each other to write the variables down for each user who enters his/her information.

this si going to be used for a drawing to win some prizes at a tradeshow. thats why the information is needed.

please help if possible, or send me to a link that can help.

thanks all.