A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: emergency... getURL...

ok this is the deal. i have a modular flash portfolio that im going to run locally for a porflolio show. most of my work can be viewed in javascript popupwindows with the exception of 2 multimedia pieces that are director projectors. i can view all of my javascript popups... until i access a director projector... then i close the projector after it has been viewed and try to open another javascript popup, and BAM i get a javascript error, and my computer locks up.i should also say that i am using the getURL to access the director projectors and im always propted to open/download the source file, this is quite annoying as well and seems to be interfearing with any javascript executions after i click open to view the director projectors.
    ...does this make sence?
    ...please help if you have any suggestions, thanks a ton!!!

this is the javascript that im using in the flash piece, its on a button and needs no external javascript on the html piece thats being launched.

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('pops/billb.html','thumb4','width=760,height=294,left=0, top=0,toolbar=No,location=No, scrollbars=No,status=No,resizeable=No,fullscreen=N o');NewWindow.focus();void(0);");
    }

[Edited by sharey on 06-06-2002 at 06:20 PM]

hmmmmm

y cant you put the javascript function definition on the html side and just call it from ur flash button,i think this is the one causing ur jscript error since GetURL is going to excute more than one line of command.
    and with regards to ur director problem, would it be possible f u will detect first f the projector files are present in the local drive (somewhat like a "sniffer")..nyways just a suggestion tho im not really familiar with director.
    hope this helps