A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low cost High impact webdesign

ok, Im hitting this with full force. Design - my life. I have done tons of jobs in the past. Whether it be a full flash site for gaming clans, or a music site, or a new site, or a autoparts retail site (heavy e-commerce), ive done many. I dont charge very much though, because i have other sources of income and i believe that the only way to really hit it big is to do high-end work for low-end rates. I can do full sites, designer in flash or html. I have thorough experience with photoshop and illustrator. I even add 3d elements with Lightwave and 3dsMax when needed. Banners, intros, forums, and even full sites. And i work FAST. My rates are as follows

Complete Flash site - $300 US
    Banners - $30 US
    Intros - $75 US
    Photoshop Layouts - $150 US
    Complete HTML site (5 pages X 3 Images each) - $200 US

a few general examples of my work -

http://www.zeroping.com
    http://www.zerglingchow.cjb.net
    http://www.eastsideimporttuner.com

send me an email if u need anything, we can work out payment methods and timeframes - im flexible.

good for you... your ripping yourself off with your pricing, but its your choice i guess.

i know, but i really want the opportunity to break out.

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    lol..full flash site for $300!

lmao

i work very fast, i can afford it.

The Minister of No Crap

morphious_xp,

I think some people may be drawn to the idea of an upfront, fixed price for whatever project they may send your way, but on the otherhand, this pricing set-up is really vague.

Complete Flash site - $300 US
    Complete Flash site? Can you do a site like this for $300.00?

Banners - $30 US
    Are these Flash banners or gif banners? What is your size limit? What if I don't have a logo? What if I don't know what I want the banner to say? Will you decide that for me? Is that included in the $30.00?

-scott

ok, let me be more specific, flash site - consisting of around 5 sections + intro and a fresh interface. I can design a site like that for $300.00, yes - but, would a client who wants a site like that come to me expecting me to do it for $300? u tell me! either way, i wouldnt go over $500 on it anyhow. banners - yes, 30 dollars even if i have to come up with everything on it, including logo and promotional message. Why? Because banners dont take long and are fun to produce. Flash banners, gifs, or jpeg images all fall into the banner category. I hope this answers your question. The only time my rates go up is when database programming is involved for ecommerce sites because that is time consuming.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    man, if you can produce a site with the same goodies as are in nocrap's post, you either have no bills to pay and alot of time on your hands, or you are completely amazing and work at a pace that would make "The Flash" look like a three toed sloth. You are undervalueing your skills.

I'm impressed.

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    30 bucks for a banner including logo.

i just did a logo and sold it for € 6000.

Morph, i honestly wish you the best of luck in your endevor. As you start to reach a better quality of client, you will find that you can start to increase those rates. Of course that is if you wont to become a professional at this.

I am just going to take a wild, uninformed stab at this ...

More than likely, morphious_xp is still in school (what grade, morphious?) and is on summer vacation. Being that it's summer vacation, he probably wants some extra money to go to the beach or mall or buy some new Playstation equipment.
    When I was on summer break from school many years ago, I remember mowing people's yards for $10 and washing cars for $5 or working around people's house doing other handy work just to get some extra money... however these were things that a "professional" would have gotten a lot more money for. People didn't berate me then for doing "professional" work at a "low rate", and the "professionals" didn't yell at me for stealing their work.
    I may be wrong about morphious_xp, and he may be a 40 year old professional developer working in a high-rise complex , but because it is summer time and all the youngsters are on vacation, we'll probably have a ton of these type threads over the next few months.
    It's not worth getting uptight over, or hurting anyone's feelings over. People are here from all walks of life, all ages, all races, different countries, etc. and we're going to have to accept different reasons for posting.

To morphious_xp, good luck in your work. I don't think you're under-charging for your level of work, and I hope it's some good experience for you. If you're old enough, though, I would recommend going out and trying to find a part-time job as a developer at an established firm to get some good experience and business skills first. At any rate, enjoy your summer!

Jay

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    Sorry Morph if you feel i have been rude. It was not my intention.

ok, this has been interesting and educational. It is very difficult to find a level of client that would pay big bucks for a logo. Im interested in a knowing a good way to find client? Can u share some strats? Ive had bad luck when it comes to finding work. Personally, i would really love to work for a firm part time, but the city i live in is small and doesnt offer that kind of opportunity. I have been looking for a firm online to give me an chance (i wouldnt disappoint) and i dont necessarily need much money yet, im interested in experience and a repertoir. Can anyone here offer a development position for a designer who loves the game?

one of your sites stands out from the rest, upon checking the code:

zeroping.com
    Code:
    <!-- // Custom coded by Saliva@zeroping.com -->
    hmmmmm!?

That must be his latest work.

The clean layout and neat code definately show his skill at its pinnacle.

The zerglingchow site doesn't belong with a porfolio peice that is that good.

eastsideimportuner.com is the ultimate in minimalism. If that is the latest project, it is sure to be a gem if it is on the scale of zeroping.com.

So if someone hired you, would they get zeroping.com = good or zerglingchow.com = not so good?

saliva is the one writing some of that code, I did the layout and began the new site look, he just added sections and such.
    Well, i do different work for different topics. ZerglingChow was supposed to be a good looking flash site - that is what it is. (it doesnt seem to be updated though). ZeroPing was about functionality besides a tight layout. coding was more important on that projects. eastsideimporttuner will be a mix of the styles, because it will include ecommerce (so functionality is important) but also a fresh navigation and tight look.
    [Edited by morphious_xp on 06-17-2002 at 07:48 PM]

RE:"saliva is the one writing some of that code, I did the layout and began the new site look, he just added sections and such."

More like Saliva is the one who is writing ALL of the code and did ALL of the layout and design for ALL of the sections OF ZEROPING.COM. Big ups to a certain individual for bringing this to my attention. Avoid this guy he's a n00bie and is definately not on ZEROPING.COM's payroll.

I'm glad I put my sig comment in the code

As for you morphious... happy to be your role model, but claiming someone elses hard ass work is completely uncool. If only you knew the power of the ZP engine.. tisk tisk

This is a classic example of what not to do and that cheap pricing isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Tisk Tisk.

Ouch! Talk about being caught out!

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    lol

that's a kick in the nutz i can almost feel over here.

anyone else with a nasty stomach ache?