A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Macromedia to improve the Macintosh Flash Plugin.

ditto. Mac playback is chunky and ugly. help us out.

Originally posted by BlinkOk
    looks like your prayers might have been answered
    http://www.moock.org/blog/archives/000146.html

now if this one is accomplished

we should start petition to improve authoring environment!
    After all for working people this is more important - to be able to work faster!!!

absolutely necessary

Optimization for the Mac seems like a no-brainer to me. With most design firms out there working on Macs since the beginning of desktop publishing, and with the design world being loud proponents of the Flash Player due to inherent graphic design control, I really was surprised to find this situation existing...

Scott Padgett
    ADAMS
    http://adams-solutions.com

I support this petition.

I believe Macromedia should take immediate steps to make their Flash Players of equal performance for all browser/platform combinations. (I understand this all takes time and money, but where are the press releases addressing what is being done?)

In particular I would like to point out that the Macromedia Edge email newsletter of May 24th, 2005, published (as the 3rd article in the issue) information about how great the Firefox browser is. (I agree!) This to me reads as a direct endorsement of Firefox from Macromedia (which I support). However, to my knowledge the least functional Flash Player plugin available is for Firefox on the Mac. This player includes bugs that (per my testing) do not happen in any other browser/platform combinations, and render some of the most basic site design choices un-usable if a browser crash is to be avoided.

As always, good design choices must be made with the weakest link in mind, and this particular flaw greatly inhibits our capabilities to make great working sites.

The Flash potential to be the future of the Internet is only as good as it can be completely cross platform and any browser compatible.

Signed. I hope the flash 8 plugin is better . . . please !

About time...

I have a 1.67Ghz Powerbook G4, Tiger 10.4.2, ATI Radeon 128 graphics card and 2gb ddr ram...

With flash player 6,7 or 8 Flash sites die!!!

(I'm an interactive designer so i have to own a pc just to see what my work runs like)

GET IT SORTED MM!
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
    -- Douglas Adams 1952-2001

http://www.tinderbox.eu

I agree - this situation is unbelievable - I mean, this thread was started in 2002!

My macs run my work like krap, it runs great on my PCs. This is also true for flash video, it seems.

I would agree that the swf. player could use some work. For instance it would be nice if the flash player would use hardware instead of just the prosesser. In my opinion this could improve the speed some.

Yea they really need to fix flash player on mac's, I learned flash on a mac and we always hated how our animations would play back on macs, its really sad. Count me in.

thefirstmacever
    the nations capitol, but I wish it was San Diego
    sign me up #269 is doin fine

I did not know there was a difference ...

Anywho, count me in too.

Signed.

It's always annoyed me, particularly sites that lock up your mac browsers.

i'm in

Absolutely,

and another thing, the debugger API on the mac is all but unusable when you're trying to look at objects and their properties in the 'Variables' pane of the debugger. It's awful, and although I like working on the mac, developing an application where debugging is required (which, let's face it, is ALWAYS) is aggravating and extremely difficult/

Take a look at XRay for debugging, it's pretty good.
    http://www.osflash.org/xray
    Sam

Signed. With Adobe purchasing Macromedia, I hope there are optimizations made. It's crazy that a 500mhz Pentium 2 computer plays Flash movies better than a G4 500mhz Mac tower.

signed.

thnx sjt i am looking forward to xray debug....

now if only i can get flash to work on a macbook pro.

Secret Agent

MacBook Pro

No problems here on a MacBook Pro 15".

But still looking forward to a Universal App that screams!

Excellent flashBrewing!:
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbrewing
    Absolutely,

and another thing, the debugger API on the mac is all but unusable when you're trying to look at objects and their properties in the 'Variables' pane of the debugger. It's awful, and although I like working on the mac, developing an application where debugging is required (which, let's face it, is ALWAYS) is aggravating and extremely difficult/
    AMEN. I use vers 7 and 6, for mac and windows versions of flash, i love the mac but the win is easier to develp and debug FLAs on and the swfs play so much better. the mac flash api panes are scatterbrained and a major PIA, the windows version is much better organized and "stickied" to each other. And of course, the playback is better on win over mac. How ironic and sad since for everything else, mac graphics is so superior. Combined with the intel problem, i have no choice but to go back to my win platform for fla development.

JMHo the marriage of intel chips with OSX is the future. Adobe/macromedia better figure that one out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by aldorr
    No problems here on a MacBook Pro 15".
    curse you what vers of flash are you running? had a g4 w/osx 10.3.9 and flash mx pro 7.2. But last week the machine died on applecare warranty and apple said they couldnt fix it so they replaced with a macBookPro 2 gHz w/osx 10.4. I used restore from my firewire drive flash and now it even wont recognize the sn nor run on it. Inquiries to adobe go unanswered. any ideas welcome, i really would prefer to use my macbook, but at this rate i am going back to win.