dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Macromedia to improve the Macintosh Flash Plugin.

macs

Wow, you've got it even worse than I do.
    I'm on a 700 Single-G4 with Jagua, and I have no such trouble with the actions panel.

I've heard that dual processors cause trouble with MX though.
    I didn't even know that other features were available for Dreamweaver on PCs.

My beef is with the plugin and the player.

Here's hoping that the G5 and Panther will solve a lot of these issues.

Guess What
    my Second

Same here i did know DM MX is also on Discriminated side of Macromedia towards Mac user..

Yes G5 is out and i will have tests some answers how fast will it be??
    you've asked for it don't be pissed

G5

high end G5 is 8 gig of memory, dual 2 gig processors. If flash doesn't work equally well on that machine, well shoot if I don't throw my copy out the window! :|

improve!!

Rastio,
    Slovakia

just the flash player???

you've got my vote!
    but: don't you all think it would be time to fix the IDE as well?
    ever wondered why publishing a movie with some greedy components takes factors longer on a mac?
    ever tried to debug a movie with some components? the debugger is just NOT usable at all.
    i've got a list with about 35 issues that absolutely need to be fixed. mm's got it.

cheers.

flash player x

So from what I've read about this month's NY FlashForward festival, Flash Player X will drastically improve performance on the Mac. I hope this is true.

Anyone out there know when to expect this pluggin/player?

Make it work better for math operations and loops - it just stinks. MAKE IT FASTER!!!
    :: Jay Brewer
    :: jay@jaybrewer.net
    :: http://www.jaybrewer.net

Guess What

Re: flash player x

Originally posted by daveglanz
    Anyone out there know when to expect this pluggin/player?
    It is not improved, I have tested it posted thread on apple's site support/discussion for more feedback, since I installed the FlashPlayer 7 its still the same on my G4 400 MHZ 704 MB OS X 1.5.. may be it just me, I use both PC and Mac it not even close to PC.. I am not going to give up my Mac instead i will NOT upgrade my copy of Studio MX period.
    you've asked for it don't be pissed

comments?

Would someone from Macromedia like to comment on this? Are Mac users not taken into consideration when developing upgrades? I would sure like to know.

Macromedia products on the Mac overall

I have had problems with Dreamweaver and Flash MX for so long now, I've all but given up using Flash at all.

I had thought about getting Studio MX and just upgrading in hopes of 'fixing' things by throwing money at them. However, it is being reported on the newsgroups that Dreamweaver and Flash Studio MX perform even WORSE on the Mac than MX does/did.

I am so sick and tired of Macromedia's lousy attention to developing their apps for the Mac platform (everything from the persistent frame rate issues in Flash and the 'no valid HTML templates' problem using OS X to the massive memory leaks in Dreamweaver), it looks like the only choice Macromedia leaves is to buy a Windoze machine and re-purchase everything for that "operating system".

I am forced to wonder: Why do they bother making Mac versions at all? They have always had so many problems they don't make Macromedia look good, and frequently have large enough problems to make them totally unusable.

The logic seems to be, 'since 5% of the market uses the Mac, we'll devote 5% of our programmers to make the Mac version.' If Macromedia looked at who is doing most of the creative development in the world however, they would note that a disproportionate number of them are Mac users.

Not to mention that Microsoft is constantly trying to edge them out with Active X or thereatening to stop supporting plug-ins. Doesn't it seem like Macromedia is shooting itself in the foot here?

What are the chances of Macromedia posting a response to the many important Mac issues I have read in this thread / forum?
    ..or are we just 'crying on each others' shoulders'.

Actually, Mike Chambers responded a while back. He's from Macromedia and a regular at FK, you often see his articles on the front page of the Macromedia site.

Macromedia definitely know of the existence of this petition, whether anything is done about it is a different matter.
    See the other links in my footer for other ways of exerting pressure!
    Sam

macromedia

It's been a while since we've heard from Mike Chambers, and as a subscriber to flashlounge (where he pops up now and then), you'd think he'd have replied to some of the complaints from people.

MX 04 is DEFINITELY not any worse than MX 03, but the player isn't much better. It's a bit faster, but nothing compared to what already existed on the PC.

yes pleeeeaaase

something needs to be done about this from a speed point of view. it's so frustrating when trying to design something to work universally across the different platforms.
    Misseyt

put my name in.

-m0r
    m0r1arty

Twice the Wolf.

the new flash plugin is really fast now, especially on safari.

Please improve MX. 5 was decent, MX so much worse---i'm at the point where i don't want to boot into 9, but code sometimes just doesn't work the way it should in MX (when it works just fine in 5). Also, I can no longer drag code in the AS window to move it up or done---it never does as i intend.

B
    http://www.brealdesign.com

I'm in.

Jason Romero
    In Flash, your imagination is
    your limitation.

I´ve planned switching to Mac a long time now, given dest drives etc.
    There´s nothing that can make me stay on pc, but this just makes it a sad switch.
    Signed.

yes yes yes.
    please help us out here!