dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash is Dumping my Library Items

Hey, I've had a couple of files end up with the same problem. I've got a plain old movie, all of a sudden I'll open the file and a graphic or movie clip has just disappeared.

The stage of my main movie just shows the little square where it used to be, the library still lists the item, but when I click on it, the timeline and stage are completely greyed out. It's just gone.

I figured I could chalk it up to a corrupt file, but after it happened a few times, I thought I'd see if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks for your help.
    Eric

Flash usually gives u "the little white square" when there is an animatio n that is wrong, eg: a motion tween where the object being tweened isnt a symbol. Look in the library if there is a "tween" symbol, if there is some animation is wrong, if not I dont know what the problem is

Hope that help

Thanks for your reply. I didn't see any tween symbols in the library. I think the animation was okay though, because it worked in previous vesions of the file before disappearing.

I've been trying to get something to show up on the greyed out stage and timeline I mentioned earlier. I found that if I scrolled around or zoom in and out, the stage will show a portion of the symbol for just a second. Then I get a dialog box saying that there wasn't enough memory to display the item. So I cranked the memory allocated to Flash from 130MB to 350MB, but no luck with that idea.

After screwing around with opening and closing these symbols for a while, I get a Type 1 error (on a Mac) and Flash crashes. I wonder if this is really a memory problem or just a corrupt couple of files?

Ok, what I suggest you do is this: #1 trash Flash's preference file and restart. 2# if no1 doesnt work I would try making a new file and seeing if the same happens. #3 if all else fails, reinstall Flash MX.