A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d Interactivity

I'm trying to figure out how interactive I can make a 3d object using Flash and Swift 3D. It would be really cool if I could get close to what Viewpoint has made.
    http://developer.viewpoint.com/
    Manipulating and interacting with a 3D interface is essential to what I'm trying to achieve.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of animations and actionscripts it all I can think of.

why not just e-mail them and ask what they did to acheive the effect, I don't see a reason why they would have a problem with saying what they acheived the effect with.

viewpoint is a totally different technology. they have a way of embedding flash interactivity into their technology.

However, I think - and please correct me if I'm wrong - that the original poster is trying to recreate that totally into flash. Correct?

If so, there are some ways... however, lots of scripting is the key.

what about flash INTO a viewpoint?

I've been asked to look into turning out flash ads into viewpoint files, to serve on viewpoint-enabled servers/browsers. (AOL specifically).

Does anybody know ANYTHING about this? I understand that I'm asking something similar to "can you turn a .doc file into a .swf file?"

Nonetheless, I've been asked to look into it. Do you know if this is possible? I can't imagine that it is.

via the viewpoint scene builder, you can include flash into viewpoint, but not incorporate viewpoint into flash... make sense?

anyway, a little research will show that you can merge flash into viewpoint technology.

hope that helps.

yeah - I found that out today. Not exactly my point - well, yeah, it is... but... I'm wondering if it's possible to do it WITHOUT paying $7000 for the software and $5000 for licensing each time you create a new Viewpoint file.

Not that i'm CHEAP. I'm trying to find out if it's possible via some flash-to-viewpoint converter doodad... I don't NEED Viewpoint. Just need to make swf's viewpoint-able.

(I posted a new message today with same request - if anybody knows anything about this. I didn't realize somebody had replied to this one. Sorry.)