A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have I been missing?

I'll admit - ever since the Metropolis DVD and the last two Trigun discs, I have not picked up or watched much anime as of late. And this is the first time in ages I have even looked at a site like Animenewsnetwork.com.

As a matter of fact, the last two anime I have seen on television were one episode of Yu Yu Hakusho and a handful of Hamtaro (What, it's on when I'm getting ready for work! Kushi-Kushi. ).

So, I come to you asking - now that I'm settling into a new apartment and will actually be able to spend copious amounts of money on growing my DVD/manga collection - what new series are out that I should be keeping an eye on?

Originally posted by CNO
    So, I come to you asking - now that I'm settling into a new apartment and will actually be able to spend copious amounts of money on growing my DVD/manga collection - what new series are out that I should be keeping an eye on?
    I hope you get some cool tips CNO

a

i cant think of anything you wouldnt know....
    if you havent seen Berserk yet you must!
    Di Gi Charat is great, but only fansubs available at the moment

cant really think of anything at the moment, oh well maybe later

FK's Official A&A Addict
    uhm pokemon

seriously you should read my thread there's alot of series in them i should buy metropolis but... well can't find a copy for a suitable price.... otherwise i should buy a whole lot at once

Full Metal Panic!

Hi Chris,

Check out my previous post that I put up, on the new series Full Metal Panic!

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...4&pagenumber=4

I think it's a pretty good new series, and you can get pulled into it fairly quickly.

Originally posted by justice strike
    uhm pokemon

seriously you should read my thread there's alot of series in them i should buy metropolis but... well can't find a copy for a suitable price.... otherwise i should buy a whole lot at once
    I read that thread - remember, I'm one of the first to have contributed.

Problem is, I've already got a bunch of DVDs - I'm wondering what new stuff is coming down the pike that I might have missed recently.

I got Metropolis as a region 2 Chinese/English dubbed DVD for about $10. I'll probably pick up the official version now that it's out. But it's one I would definately reccomend.

Man, I'll try to check out FMP, thanks.

I think the second season of Ranma 1/2 came out in the US
    ...either that or it took my friend a while to get it

do you have the tenchi movies, all 3 of them?

I'll have a look and also see if armadillo can help me
    stop by #animejunkies on irc.mapop.net sometime
    ...even though some random op banned and un-opped me for no reason

official system error
    Hey Chris, there's a really strange new anime around named Alien 9, i really liked the first italian fansub, I think that despite of the simple drawing it's really well done.

http://www.alien-nine.com/

Don't get disappointed by the kiddish styled drawing, trust me

Sometimes has something to do with Evangelion...

and I'm a great EVA fan

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del
    http://www.alien-nine.com/
    certanly an interesting intro movie... dunno what else to say its all in japanese ahhh!

oh that lil monster thing reminded me of 'tekkaman blade' (technoman)

official system error
    the story is kinda strange, it's set in the present (if I'm not wrong) and aliens fall on earth like rain, it's quite normal to see alens around, so every school has its anti-alien team, to keep school safe from aliens.

three stupid girls rolling around trying to catch or narcotize aliens, they must not kill them because "life is important"...

the main charachter

merchandise??? I really want that T-shirt, it's gr8

...but it's great, also speaking about the technical part, animations are really well done and direction is really nice

search for the fansub

What about dementia's D7Peacemaker.....people whisper it's great, but its dvd is really hard to find....

Originally posted by argonauta
    What about dementia's D7Peacemaker.....people whisper it's great, but its dvd is really hard to find....
    didn't someone win one sometime ago?? IT WAS A BIG CON..lol sorry cno

I think Gasaraki is a fabulously deep and interesting series, there are 8 DVDs for this series I believe, I have 5 of them, and will get the rest of course. Also, I have been liking Blue Gender pretty good. I saw previews for it at A-Kon and it is a mech/monster type anime. Macross Plus the Movie is finally out:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...761816-2646546

Also recommend the gruesome Berserk series:

Spriggan was pretty good, I really loved the storyline and how they made Noah's Ark an alien ship capable of cloning animals etc. Thats all I will tell, but.... rent this one first if you can:

That's about all I can think of unless you still haven't picked of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and BLOOD: The last Vampire, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (the OVAs are incredibly good, but the movie and tv series sucks much arse)

Originally posted by DEM0
    That's about all I can think of unless you still haven't picked of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and BLOOD: The last Vampire, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (the OVAs are incredibly good, but the movie and tv series sucks much arse)
    Both you and Aria should be happy to know I've got 'em all except Samurai X.

Ah, Macross Plus - I think my old VHS copies are worn pretty thin - will be good to see that one on DVD.

Yes Macross finally on ONE DVD instead split apart in 2 volumes. I also had it on VHS and refused to buy two separate DVDs, but now I can finally purchase one of the best anime's ever made. BTW have you seen Cowboy Beebop? I bought the box set and it is one of the freshest series I have seen in a long time.

anime... there is one I am missing.... I wonder...

Anyway read about Blue Gender, it is an interesting storyline:
    http://www.scifi.com/anime/anime.cgi?25855
    [Edited by DEM0 on 06-10-2002 at 05:23 PM]

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hehe still got to buy those... seen half of them... other half s just a question of buying... but i don't want to wait a week to three weeks on a dvd (amazon) or don't want to pay 33 dollars on import costs... it really sucks... owhell i gotta move to amerika

Originally posted by toony
    didn't someone win one sometime ago?? IT WAS A BIG CON..lol sorry cno
    Hey, true, I won one!!!
    don't tell anyone, but joe emailed me, asking for my address, so i think i'm going to receive it soon

don't tell anyone, but joe emailed me, asking for my address, so i think i'm going to receive it soon
    You should have been CC:d on the e-mails, but yeah, Joe should be sending it direct to you.

Vandread DVDS go get them asap. possibly my second best anime (kenshin is the first). Love hina is a must to get an watch. Hellsing dvds coming out soon.

i dunno if ur a legit person CNO and dont bielive in downloading fansubs online. You can find many places to get ur fansubs straight from japan and subtitles by groups (i own #AnimeJunkies on irc.mapop.com [come join!! *note selfless promotion]) Lotta IRC channels have fansubbing groups that are perfectly legit and whatever. my favorite series out atm is FullMetalPanic (which is now on Eps 22 which is being released tonight by #AJ) and King of Bandit Jing. Juuni Kokki (12 Kokuki) is also a really awesome anime and is 48 eps long. weee. lotta new anime coming out that is amazing u should come check it out sometimes.

good place to go to find new fansubs? http://www.envirosphere.com they keep track of al the legit anime being fansubbed and released. oh come check out my fansub group's site. http://animejunkies.cjb.net

also if u wanna check out our online radio for anime musix go here: http://animejunkiesradio.mine.nu:8000

haha ok im done with my info and selfless promotion. good to be back. Trizkut keeps buggin me to post so i have

FK's Official A&A Addict
    i dunno if ur a legit person CNO
    hehe ofcourse he is ... most of the time

lolmaybe i'll check out your channel