A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone actually animate in here? or Do you just trace everything?

Take it serious!!

Chris. ok So you took it the badly..I'd seriously look into what career your going into as Obviously you have'nt had any serious critisism...Competition is what makes design in a whole....It seems youre the one with defences up...hiding something...I consider this as a game of poker and I havent showed you my cards yet...yes you have a crap hand!....but am I bluffing??? Honestly though If you are going to be a good animator/designer you've got to play it like poker....
    ...anyway Im not argueing with you its a constructive discussion...I have no problem do you....all I say is do better and mb a push is all you need....How do you think I can animate so well today other than playing online games...!

Smile Chill Dude...

Chris. ok So you took it the badly..I'd seriously look into what career your going into as Obviously you have'nt had any serious critisism...Competition is what makes design in a whole....It seems youre the one with defences up...hiding something...I consider this as a game of poker and I havent showed you my cards yet...yes you have a crap hand!....but am I bluffing??? Honestly though If you are going to be a good animator/designer you've got to play it like poker....
    ...anyway Im not argueing with you its a constructive discussion...I have no problem do you....all I say is do better and mb a push is all you need....How do you think I can animate so well today other than playing online games...!

Re: Chill Dude...

Originally posted by Goose Green
    No - It doesn't matter how I take it. I have a career and it doesn't involve animation. Art and animation are a HOBBY of mine.

What are you on about poker for? You act like we're in competition with you in here. I don't care if your the best or the worst artist/animator in the world. I've had serious criticisms before on another board (shockanime) and I've handled them well and taken them into account. Hiding something? No!

If you have something to say about me, this board or anything else than come out and say it. Saying that you won't show your stuff until you see ours serves no purpose in here? Why is it NECESSARY that we show you our stuff first?

If you do show your stuff and it is really really good then I'm happy for you. Just lay off name calling, sly comments and other things you've made through out this entire thread :

"I feel im joining a forum full of bubble hands and flip heads" < charming 1st post

"Graphic design is 'Dead'...Long live the motion designer" < was this a dig at graphic designers? Looks like it weather it was meant or not.

"but most people in here are honest and try to better themself other than 'tracers'" < To me this implies that you are saying people in trace all their stuff and don't do anything orignal

"The logical movements I see are no better than a tween" < who was this aimed at? Sounds like just another dig at the whole board.

....your ....writing... style.... reminds.... me..... of.... someone.... (are you Zap?)

resolved reflections on the past

Chris+everyone reading. As for bubble hand and flip head...there hardly a name call are they....a polite name call mb...striking up somesort of discussion/argument inwhich it has your attention and many others...is ok by me...do you like to argue?? I do..it cools the air..As for graphic designer is dead...I think It is because universities/collages are churning out so many untalented G.designers these days..year after year...the kids with real talent get mixed up with the crap and its abit like the bad apple in a barrel of goods apple's... allegorically speaking ...Graphic design is so broad a subject in design that it dilutes your real talent as well...making so sort of hybrid designer....although specifying makes you have more strings in your bow..anyhow I studied Graphic design in Uni and learned more at home...but I needed the degrees as to gain a job....at the start I called myself a G.designer...But I didnt like this Double barreled name as it serves now real description of your skill...I mean who graphic designs....I designed ads at one stage for volvo/cat but the graphics are just a medium and the ad is the message...so I'd say I was more of a marketeer ad man than a graphic designer..ie...if you design type your not a G.designer your a typographer....like animation...its abit like the so called flash anmiators out there...another double barrled name...I would'nt dare call myself a flash animator/designer as it limits your skills to just flash...inwhich its just one medium...although I do like flash for it robust/shwish design style I feel its limited...anyhow flash is a tracing tool for those with the originality....like G.Design its a double barrel name for post modern designers... so If I make no sence as I was'nt ment to make any....Im an animator...G.designer.advertiser.Marketeer.Website designer.typographer..ect........so Im a hybrid....master of none..designer of all...photoshop expert me thinks.

Maybe some animators just figure it's not for them. Are we turning anyone away with specifying an animation style?
    on reflection and reading this thread again i think it's attitude/experience of the users rather than particular styles thats puts me off this forum. i think the above few posts illustrate this pretty well....

oh well i'm sure you won't miss one person, see ya in the games forum if any of you pop over!

Originally posted by mentuat
    Maybe some animators just figure it's not for them. Are we turning anyone away with specifying an animation style?
    on reflection and reading this thread again i think it's attitude/experience of the users rather than particular styles thats puts me off this forum.
    I agree with you in a way. But I think there are a few people who will be put off coming here because of the anime influence on the board. I know a few artists/animators that can't stand anime and so having the word anime in the forum would put them off. Maybe Art and animation would be a better name. Ofcourse, it's not for me to question why.... Admin?

Thats why when I cam eher i SAID!

i THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS JUST FULL OF ANIME AND MANGA tracers....no real substance...I like abstract animation in other mediums...mb flash could be a good tool for other mediums too... yes I think this should be just animaion forum....and no double barreled names......and I notice they got the title right with Art & Anime as to say its sub art..

Originally posted by phacker
    CNO I meant no offense, it's just that the majority of the posters on this forum are more into anime then anything else. It wasn't meant as a slam, just an aside.
    Sorry I jumped on you there, p. I would seriously like to hear comments about how the forum can be improved, and maybe this thread is a good jumping off point (I just get frustrated when people say "I don't like this forum" then storm off, rather than offering opinions/advice about how it could be made better).

After all, this is a community site. I'm just here to get rid of warez posts and the such, other than that I'm here to learn and contribute same as every other member.

GG - I smell a troll. So far you have not proven a point to me at all. I'll be the first to admit that my personal site isn't a great show of animation, but that is because I am working on more important things. Want to see wonderful animation? Pay me money. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until I bring something to either my site or to the forum - no one here is obligated to entertain you. Please try to start contributing positively to the forums. I'm getting tired of the spam.

[Dain walks in ready to rumble...sees that CNO and C69er have everything well under control...decides not to mess up his new shoes with all the bull$h!t...er goose$h!t...and leaves firmly believing that GG is indeed bluffing and couldn't animate his way out of a wet paper bag, nor has he had a single paying professional animation job....nor has he convinced anyone that they shouldn't be really annoyed with the way he's acting]

simply splitting art and anime from animation might be a good start - theres a hell of a lot of difference between being able to draw and being able to make the drawing move convincingly and it would get all the manga stuff out of the way too.

simply splitting art and anime from animation might be a good start - theres a hell of a lot of difference between being able to draw and being able to make the drawing move convincingly and it would get all the manga stuff out of the way too.
    But that might end up creating two forums which essentially serve the same purpose (again, due to the vague designation of "art & anime") - maybe the forum name should be changed and anime (as one of many forms of animation) added to the description instead?

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hmm i think that if your split up art and anime the you could just as well split art up in to abstract art, impressionistic art, realistic art, surrealistic art, black and white art, photo art, color art, pixel art, blue art, red art, green art, ETC....

and animation into cg, anime, disney, powerpuff style etc..

you get my point it's useless to seperate it...

haha!

Oh please you're hurting me...actually I am a full time animation manager and have about 40 freelance animators under my belt who do all the hard work for me...I just lean it up....did michealangelo paint the chapel.....err no.
    but he designed it...I tell you do..I sell..recieve and throw the scraps to the like of you. braindrain whatever your name is.

Re: haha!

Originally posted by Goose Green
    Oh please you're hurting me...actually I am a full time animation manager and have about 40 freelance animators under my belt who do all the hard work for me...I just lean it up....did michealangelo paint the chapel.....err no.
    but he designed it...I tell you do..I sell..recieve and throw the scraps to the like of you. braindrain whatever your name is.
    lol - 40 freelancer's? Now I know he's talking bull. ROFL - It doesn't get much better than this. GooseGreen you crack me up haha!!

I'm just ignoring him from now on. I think everyone else should do the same. Let's start talking about the forum.

I think the forum name should just be Art & Animation. Maybe put Anime in the forum description along with Flash animation, 3D Animation, fine art, modelling etc.

Whatever dude. You're a thirteen year old kid. And yes, Michaelangelo did paint the chapel.

Go away little boy. Your mother is calling you.

Again, put up or shut up....and since you haven't shown us anything (except lame excuses) shut up. This is not the forum for argument and rudeness. Why don't you visit the coffee lounge where argumentative people are just waiting for a guy to come in acting rude so they can tear you a new one.

CNO, I don't think this kid is old enough to be on the boards without parents' permission. You might wanna check into it...make sure he got the form signed.

i was thinking more of 'pictures that don't move' (eg. art and fan art of manga and for so-called 'tracers' that the thread starter seems to harp on about) and 'pictures that do move' (eg. character animation, great animation you have seen, animation tutorials etc.)

i dunno, twas just a thought.

Whats so funny about forty freelancers

Its not hard to keep a repore with forty peeps
    It might seem amazing to you that our company has forty freelancers...but its's true...we need this many to for production...It doesnt mean that we use all forty freelancers/..maybe 10 of them do the same project and then I pick the best ones out and use them...and put them all together and pay hi rate for excellent ones but the crap ones dont get paid at all...thats how it works...compatition....of course thats how I got this job by being the best one out of the lot.

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dainbramaged
    [B]Whatever dude. You're a thirteen year old kid. And yes, Michaelangelo did paint the chapel. no his freelancers painted it... he scetched it.

Now whos being rude! not me...you! and your the kid saying daddy...daddy to CNO throw him off this forum as I cant take his dis at (nobody in particular) me...homo!

Godam I should have gone fishing today...catching more fish every minute...pitty there just sprats...oh well spat to catch a macrell....CNO are you the mackrel...or the sprat??

i was thinking more of 'pictures that don't move' (eg. art and fan art of manga and 'pictures that do move' (eg. character animation, great animation you have seen, animation tutorials etc.)

i dunno, twas just a thought.
    Are you talking about the forum or a new section in Flashkit? If we have a separate forum for art and one for animation then the same people will just be flicking between the 2 (with a few exceptions). I prefer the idea of all in the one place myself. Not sure how others feel about it.