A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone actually animate in here? or Do you just trace everything?

Re: Whats so funny about forty freelancers

Originally posted by Goose Green
    Its not hard to keep a repore with forty peeps
    It might seem amazing to you that our company has forty freelancers...but its's true...we need this many to for production...It doesnt mean that we use all forty freelancers/..maybe 10 of them do the same project and then I pick the best ones out and use them...and put them all together and pay hi rate for excellent ones but the crap ones dont get paid at all...thats how it works...compatition....of course thats how I got this job by being the best one out of the lot.
    Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla....
    All talk and no walk.

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    *green goose's lecture...*

Its not hard to keep a repore with forty peeps...........BLAH BLAH BLAH....paid.... YADA YADA YADA...

HUH!?! *startled into wakefulness* did someone said PAY!!???

can you like show us your work before u go around accusing people of "tracing"?? i've seen people's work here and they're good... yours however i haven't seen... if you were in my position, who do u think is the big mouthed one?

The word is rapport, not repore. You'll learn that in high school. Along with the proper spelling for competition. As far as the name calling is concerned...if you can't spell my screen name, look at a previous post...consider it a cheat sheet. As far as the other names you're calling me...well, I've been called worse...and by ADULTS! with JOBS!

You aren't fooling anyone here. You're just dirtying up the boards.

Go away little boy. CNO, (by the way, CNO already knows he's my daddy! ) I'm more convinced than ever that this kid doesn't have his parents' permission to be here.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    your company must be really weird... i mean in what extend is your company covered if all fourty freelancers decide to go to a other company? you don't have any steady employees??

what kind of people work for you... they arn't even garantued to get money if someone else is better. you live in a dream world if you think those people are going to stay when they have to compete constantly.

michelangelo (spell it right you guys) painted it himself.. that's why he is so famous!! but that's still a lame excuse..

in other words you are saying you can't draw and animate you come up with an idea and you let someone else do it.

and something else... a university degree in designing does say something about your skill.. it says more then your practical experience with one program..

in university they teach you the theory behind designing not the actual designing itself.. 5-20 procent of real work is the desiging itself the other 80-95 percent is research & developement if you really do have a degree you of all people should know that...

i could rant on and on but i think it's better that you show us something before we continue.. i'm not even sure who i am talking to. did u know that alot of people here are professional designers.. me included it's useless to discuss certain visions.. it's just a matter of taste.

Originally posted by mentuat
    i was thinking more of 'pictures that don't move' (eg. art and fan art of manga and for so-called 'tracers' that the thread starter seems to harp on about) and 'pictures that do move' (eg. character animation, great animation you have seen, animation tutorials etc.)

i dunno, twas just a thought.
    And it's much appreciated. Again, like I said, I'm looking for member feedback about what they'd like to see in the forum, and if the forum name might be turning away potential members, then I'm all up for a change.

I kind of like the idea of Art & Animation.

I'll probably start a different thread to get feedback about it, because this one is starting to get cluttered.

Originally posted by justice strike
    michelangelo (spell it right you guys) painted it himself.. that's why he is so famous!! but that's still a lame excuse..
    You're right! Shame on me (spelling). He didn't even want to paint it. He was kinda blackmailed into it. And it took him so many years to complete because he DID IT HIMSELF! But, you're right...beside the point.

Cheers Justice,
    Dain

Originally posted by justice strike
    and something else... a university degree in designing does say something about your skill.. it says more then your practical experience with one program
    I must disagree there. I don't like too much taking myself as the example, but I'll do it this time: I'm 22, not in college yet, but I work in a multinational, running a DataWarehouse project and designing it's intranet's applications. Hmmm, that's great for me, considering taht everything I know about IT, I learnt it by myself, not in college. And if you think a college degree proves you are skill, I don't think so: so far, I've done 3 tesis for three different people, so they can graduate in college (kinda ironic, I do the tesis, and they graduate; they spent 4 years in college, and still got not enough skill to do their own work).

I still believe evryone can learn how to draw, and everything about Graphic design, but you only learn the technique. But art itself can't be taught: either you have talent or you don't, that's something you can't learn anywhere.

Yeh well Im lucky

I was drawing from the age of 2....I can draw very well..animate very well..my concepts are amazing...I can pitch like a top rate salesman... and my coding is good as well.....C++ java actionscrpt lingo dhtml...Im just so talented It makes others cry with anger.

CNO is it worth closing this thread down its becoming a slagging match,
    better still Goose (Ali baba and the forty theives) shows us some of your work and it maybe worth keeping open this thread.

[Edited by toony on 06-14-2002 at 11:51 AM]

aah... be that as it may... can you cook though? maybe that sound silly but unless u can eat your paintings/illustrations or your codings then i think it's quite a relevant question... don't you think so?

hehehe u love needling people in forum don't you green goose

Ok

Ok I will show you a snipit of my work that Ive just done as I cant use my other work as it belongs to the company now...but you can have this for free..........just tell me how to do a flash footer and I will do it.

By the way, no one still said it...

Your animation sucks.

Rotating some (bad) drawed objects and move them a bit so they doesn't look as static things doesn't mean you (or whoever) are animation.

You should be ashamed for calling that crap an animation, I doesn't show any bit of art anywere in it. can't understand how you can be proud of that... and attack us like this.

Next time, come with better things if you want to show us a lesson.

Or just shut up, 13 years old boy.

PS: It's unbelieable you own a company employing 40 animating guyz... internet doesn't give so much money on that. You couldn't pay them more than one month... :-) Gotcha!

FK's Official A&A Addict
    no footers just post a link to it...

and for the university issue let me rephrase the sentence... university can say more then self thought skills

because university is much broader then what you learn yourself. most often this is what u like in university u just have to do the stuff you get

Re: Ok

Ok I will show you a snipit of my work that Ive just done as I cant use my other work as it belongs to the company now...but you can have this for free..........just tell me how to do a flash footer and I will do it.
    why only a footer? that's hardly enough...

sides if u can't even spot "adding flash footer" around the top of the page then maybe u should not do it at all

LOL! He can code in C++ and other languages. Is in charge of hiring and firing 40 freelancers and yet doesn't have a clue how to show his work! Ah, you really do make me laugh Goose. You should consider doing stand up comedy! Ofcourse people will be laughing at you and not with you. Just like the people on this board. We're all laughing at you now

Why a footer (which are disabled)? Just post a link to something.

Originally posted by chrisvo69er
    Footers are disabled. Post a link.
    and we are still waiting....

tick tock goes the clock... if u're nothin' but talk... eat hot lead from my glock...

Re: Yeh well Im lucky

I was drawing from the age of 2....I can draw very well..animate very well..my concepts are amazing...I can pitch like a top rate salesman... and my coding is good as well.....C++ java actionscrpt lingo dhtml...Im just so talented It makes others cry with anger.
    [irony] Dude, i'm so glad you are so talented; you should do something to change the world, only talented people can do that and if you are one of them, then, please save us, make the world a better place to live. You know, Michellangelo was only 19 I think when he esculpted "La Pieta"....the guy that made Linux was only 19. I know you are only 13, but hell, you are so talented, you don't need to wait until you're 19, you can do something now, go for it. Don't waste your time with us in this forum, we are so tiny compared to you. Just stop playing with your barbies and start doing something worthy. Not just a design company, boy, you can do something else, something that could make this a better world. I just don't see why you want to see our work. You said it yourself: You are just so talented It makes others cry with anger....so if you know you're better than us, just don't humillate us. [/irony]

About university, well, alright alright, I'll start studying this year. Although i still believe a college degree is just a certify that you may or may not know the same (or maybe less) than what you could learn in real life, working, cause life is the best university you can have.

hehehe internet's funny ain't it?? it's the only place where li'l kids can get smart...

what would happen if this is an actual room with real people in and some 13YO kid with big attitude show up?? doesn't matter how genious he is, a wedgy is in order... u think so?

Your right about that. The internet has played host to a multitude of people who are confident with who they are that they make up online persona's to pretend they are something they're not. They're what's known as dreamers.

Some people pretend they've got supermodel girlfriends or pretend they've got supermodel looks. In this case, GG pretends he's talented. And aren't we all laughing at him as he replies with more words. YES! THATS IT! WORDS! lol