A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Best Lighting for a computer studi

so... some people say neon (flourescent) lights are bad for the eyes... and some monitor catologues don't recommend them.
    bulbs... yellow light? i just hate them!!
    halogen lamps? gentle spotlight? nice?

so.. anyone evr considered this topic? anyone heard of this before?

ok.. and one more thing: how dark is dark?
    some designers / programmers like a dark studio... i find that a bit lifeless.... also, i don't find a sunny computer room suitable either... what do you guys prefer? any interesting articles?

I like indirect sun light. Have it here. My little working place is above the windows, so no problem with the sun and perfect light without electric lights.

Fredi

Aka ozonew4m

interesting!!

ive never actually thought about lighting in my working environment.i usually work into the early hours of the morning so the natural light is non existent,
    i work with a lamp directly behind me so that it doesnt reflect in the screen and hurt my eyes...but the room is pretty well lit

i like it dark...very dark.....

the florida sun is the only thing that klights my office till night when i don't let anybody turn the lights on HOOODY HOOo

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    inderect light... is the way to go.

once had my office in a loft with a bank of skylights overhead (awefull lighting). The loft being the very top floor of an apartment complex did not get much cooling. Add a server, a few render machines, a workstation, it got hot. very very hot.

Ryan Kallok: Kallok Studios kallok's Avatar
    I like it darker as well.Even in the day, I have the blinds closed.But I always have the Television or bar lights on, etc so I have light from all that junk.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

I have fluorescent lighting in the kitchen - it's okay ... Used to have one overhead light in the office and that just sucked way too bad, so I had a ceiling fan installed with the light group on it, much much better - then GE came out with these cute little "Reveal" bulbs (they're blue, sort of take that yellowish cast away) - works well, I get a whiter light, but they don't last very long and cost an arm and three fingers ... so I'm moving to long life Halogen bulbs ...

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    from tallguylittlecar
    I go topless, even in the rain
    hehehe im sorta hopin' that u aren't really a guy but a beautiful chick with nice "personalities"

but i digress...

depends on what sorta things u do with your computer... when im playing game i like it really dark.. specially games like "Alone in the Dark" but when im coloring my manga sketches i like bright lights to spot any blotches...

to accomodate my lighting needs, i installed a light switch which enables me to set the brightness (or dimness) of the lights above me...

Wichser
    i have a couple blue neons hooked within my plants.

I work in my basement.. so it's kind of like a cave most of the day.. but i like it dark.. I have my fish tanks behind me and they light up on a timer and they have those sunlight flourescent bulbs in them. at night i turn on a lamp accross the room and it's pretty nice..

a lot of lighting usually hurts my eyes after a while, i only turn on my overhead lamp if i've pryed open one of my macs and am diggin away at the hardware.

indirect lighting

I have a couple of desk lights on across the room that don't reflect on my screen but at least I am not sitting in the dark. Those halogen lights that shine up at the ceiling are good too. They reflect light off the ceiling but not onto your monitor or eyes. They do make special flourescent bulbs that almost shine a little pink. They are a little better than those yellow ones, and they are made specially for offices with computers. But I don't know where you buy them.

Vamps. I don't even want to know how you came across your avatar...

Yikes!

Anyway. As I don't have a 'studio' (I'm in my room) I like a normal ole fan light.

Sometimes, when it's nice and bright out, I open the blinds, open the window, turn off the lights and let the sun shine in.

Sometimes I like it dark. It depends on how I feel.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

You can find that dancing hippo at http://starterupsteve.servepics.com:...kozoFlash.html

The original site took their quicktime down though due to legal issues with the Thong Song.

i been to a couple of design studios , alot have their lights turned off while designing on the computer, or they use white lights
    "Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip" -Homer
    "Whos your daddy and what does he do?" -Arnold S.