A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Launching .exe file in flash MX

exec MX from a projector

The one ting I am confused about:

you keep saying that you intend to have an SWF launch the EXE sitting in the sub folder.

But macromedia says your "launcher" (the SWF) is supposed to be a projector (i.e. an EXE) not a flash movie file (i.e. SWF).

Try turning your SWF into an projector and try it again with the same file structure you have setup.

Re: exec MX from a projector

Originally posted by wiHOYTusa
    The one ting I am confused about:

you keep saying that you intend to have an SWF launch the EXE sitting in the sub folder.

But macromedia says your "launcher" (the SWF) is supposed to be a projector (i.e. an EXE) not a flash movie file (i.e. SWF).

Try turning your SWF into an projector and try it again with the same file structure you have setup.
    wiHOYTusa, apparently I have been smoking crack this entire thread.

THAT was the problem, I converted it over to a projector and it works with no problem.

Thank you much, and thanks to everybody else.

*now maybe I can quit bumping this thread lol*

Guess

I think you can try "geturl" command to get this thing done. If it worked out hook me up at tonags2000@rediffmail.com. All the best.

Restarting from Scratch

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I am having the same problem you have been describing. Maybe MX has a bug that wont let you use fscommand to launch an external file at all??? I have tried to launch setup.exe (a small setup program) from the same directory as flashTest.exe (Flash MX Projector) as well as in the fscommand folder. No luck. Has anyone else got this to work? If so please post.

Thanks,
    Liquid Genius
    http://www.316video.com/John/liquid/

Banned
    Here's my 2 cents worth!

Your set-up seems ok, but this won't work from a .swf file!
    Output a Windows projector file (.exe) of your .swf, and it should launch your other .exe within the fscommand folder, one level down.

Edited...
    Sorry, I had only first read the first page of this thread, and didn't really realize you had come up with the same conclusion.

Restarting from Scratch
    I think I figured it out.... I was trying to launch setup-ipcd.exe. When I renamed it to a.exe it worked fine. My guess is that Flash MX didnt like the dash in the filename.
    Thanks oldnewbie.