dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lipsynching to dynamic sound

Is it possible to Lipsynch to dynamic sound/ voice mp3 files which are loading on the fly ?? Could someone plz tell me how or if there is a tutorial which could point the way .. i would be most grateful. Thanx.

Yes, using the mySoundObject.position method. It is very doable. I have a tutorial that I hope will come online soon here. In the mean time, you can check it out here:

http://www.kennybellew.com/
    [Edited by Kennyb on 08-16-2002 at 11:45 AM]

Thanx a ton, will check it out, another small problem, is there a way I can load the flash 6 plugin into IE/Netscape in the background while showing some kind of message in the browser without having the browser having to restart ??

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to update the Flash player plugin on the browsers of visitors to your web site? If this is what you mean, download the Flash MX Deployment Kit from Macromedia. It has examples of what you're wanting to do.

Thanx again, I just checked the link you sent me, it has some great stuff, however my problem remains, how could I Lipsynch precise words which would be loaded in dynamically via an mp3 file, is that part possible, the movement of the mouth with the dynamic sound loading ??

There's a section on synchronization in the tutorial. Did you have a question about that section? You may not fully grasp that section until you read it from the top- unless you’re well versed in sound object methods.

Right, then i think i will check the tutorial completely first ... and if I cud get back to later with any queries ??

Of course. I'll be around.