A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Web Stats

The Metamorphic Mutant Mystique_MHz's Avatar
    Is there a way to track where the user been visiting in a flash site for web tracking reporting?

Flashkit Jedi

You will have to ask permission from your domain hoster.

XFM

Originally posted by Xurion_Flash_Man
    You will have to ask permission from your domain hoster.

XFM
    I don't think that's what I'm asking for... We are the ones hosting the site!

Here's the situation... I designed a site with frames a top frame and a bottom frame. The top frame is where the main navigation is and it's done in Flash and the links are calling seperate html pages to load onto the bottom frame. Is there a way to "track" where the user's been "clicking"?

The reason we would like to know this is to create some sort of web tracking "statistics" or reports so we know which html page are being called the most (where within the site are the majority of the useres visiting)

Any ideas if this can be accomplished?

Mystique_MHz,

At this time that is one of the drawbacks to using Flash- I read an article recently that said there are some utilities in development that will be able to track this but I can't remember if they are available yet-I'll see if I can find the article and post you a link if this utility I described is avaiable yet.

- anyway, my point is that I do not belive that you can currently just w/Flash.

Flash Animators Needed
    do you people wanna start a quick cartoon animation series..

please i begg of you ..

-- my idea--

its pritty simple , a comedy/action/violance kinda cartoon ...

something with all cultures and races and religions and stuff..
    something that everyone to enjoy .. not to much technical stuff just a quick simple caracter based story with a good layout .. plot and setting ..

not to much involved , just kept simple so episodes can come out every so offten and people can give critisism on it ..

Originally posted by odmac 9

please i begg of you ..

-- my idea--

something that everyone to enjoy .. not to much technical stuff just a quick simple caracter based story with a good layout .. plot and setting ..

not to much involved , just kept simple so episodes can come out every so offten and people can give critisism on it ..
    No thanks,
    You would have better luck posting this in the anime forums... not in the help forums

Originally posted by odmac 9

please i begg of you ..

-- my idea--

Are you sure that there isn't a way to do this using server side scripting or PHP or CGI?

Hi Mystique_MHz ( I assumed you were actually asking me, not the guy spamming all the boards-but if you were I apologize)

No I'm not really sure , sorry- and actually now that you mention it - I see no reason that you couldn't link a button to a PhP script that would tabulate how many times it was clicked-
    I used the PhP email tute (here on FK) once and I figure it could be set up in much the same way except the user enters no info- the click automatically just sends a response? I'm sure there is a better way. Check out http://www.flash-db.com they have a lot of really good Flash/backend interaction help

Excellent... Thanks, cyk!